Need help with 180g stand/canopy plans

Discussion in 'I made this!' started by Scash, May 19, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Scash

Scash Astrea Snail

I've searched all over, but can't seem to find plans for a 180g tank and canopy. I'm pretty good with the wood and tools, just not great at creating the plans. The tank I am going with is 72x24x24, and I'd like the stand to be roughly 36" high, maybe a tad higher for extra wiggle room. The stand the tank that I am buying is sitting on a decent stand, but for $700, my guess is I can build one way better and way stronger. Any help would be appreciated.

Scash

2. Click Here!

3. iLLwiLL

iLLwiLL Sailfin Tang

check out my 125 fowlr build, theres a bunch of pics of my stand bare bones and finished. i think i used 16 2x4's and 2 sheets of sanded 1/4" ply, and 2 pieces of cheap strapping to make the door frames. i would recomend you fit in your sump before skinning in the sides of the stand tho. I could have had a 55 under my 125, but now that its done the biggest i can get under it is a 20. all totaled up i spent less that 150 on my stand / canopy (not including lights).

~Will.