need help on powerheads/circlation pumps for a 75 gallon

Discussion in 'General Reef Topics' started by FINGAZZ, Jul 14, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. FINGAZZ

FINGAZZ Astrea Snail

hi im new here and a newbie.i need help on what powerheads i should get for my 75 gallon reef/fish tank.im going to have a mix of all corals down the road.so my question is how many,what type.i like to go with the Hydor Koralias but have no clue what one i should go with.right now i have one merinland 1200 in it and its ok but i need something better.heres a pic of my tank to give a idea on what you would get and placment to help me out.thanks.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 14, 2012
  2. Click Here!

3. cfcheong

cfcheong Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

I would suggest MP10wES x2 ,something like this.
    [​IMG]

4. Reeron

Reeron Blue Ringed Angel

4 EVO 750s if you are going to run them constantly, otherwise 4 EVO 1050s if you are going to hook them up to a wave-maker.

5. FINGAZZ

FINGAZZ Astrea Snail

i need something in the low but good price rage.even if they last a yr.thats gives me time to upgrade other things.how will i place them.

6. jmann124

jmann124 Feather Duster

The Hydors are good, so I hear. I have Maxi-jets. I have a 75g tank that is 51" long and 2 of the Maxi-Jet 600's give me more than enough circulation, but I do have a FOWLR. IMO 3 600's or 2 900's would work for you. As far as a return pump does, check out the RIO pumps. Good, quiet pumps for less than the generally recommended pumps.

7. FINGAZZ

FINGAZZ Astrea Snail

i have a rio 2100 on my return now.seems to do the trick. just need placment ideas and pumps sizes.etc,.

8. Click Here!

9. Reef Breeders

Reef Breeders 3reef Sponsor

1 evo 750 in each corner will do it.

10. FINGAZZ

FINGAZZ Astrea Snail

ok ill ick them up.now should the face the front of the tank in a angle?

11. bwalker9801

bwalker9801 Zoanthid

Not to be "that guy" but you should really get some of those tangs out of that little tank.

12. FINGAZZ

FINGAZZ Astrea Snail

why is that?there doing realy good.and besides.there all going into a bigger tank down the road.this 75 gallon is going to be my frag tank plus grow out tank for some fish i get that might be to small.might even turn it into my sump down the road.havent decided yet.but the fish are still small not realy too big for the tank yet.