Need ATO recommendation

Discussion in 'Filters, Pumps, etc..' started by Bucsfan, Sep 1, 2014.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Bucsfan

Bucsfan Flamingo Tongue

I have a 215 saltwater reef tank and have been doing water changes by filling up a 55 gallon plastic drum with RO water and manually adding salt in order to do my bi monthly water changes. The problem is that I have 2 of those cheapo float valves. One on the sump to maintain the proper water level, which is to supposed to automatically fill the sump from the drum when needed and one on the drum to assure that the RO water shuts off at the proper level while being filled. Today I'm doing a water change and for whatever reason, the float in the sump is not working properly and does not give me a comfort level. These cheapo float valves continually give me trouble and I'm looking for some recommendations from those much more experienced than I am. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks to all.

2. Click Here!

3. Kadoogen

Kadoogen Flamingo Tongue

I would suggest the JBJ ATO system. Its dependable. I have the Hydor ATO currently and it suites my needs but it is a little finicky. It uses temperature to read the levels of water and not mechanical float valves like the JBJ.

4. Kadoogen

Kadoogen Flamingo Tongue

I would suggest the JBJ ATO system. Its dependable. I have the Hydor ATO currently and it suites my needs but it is a little finicky. It uses temperature to read the levels of water and not mechanical float valves like the JBJ.

5. BoBo65

BoBo65 Torch Coral

6. AZDesertRat

AZDesertRat Giant Squid

Spectrapure UPLC-II for me. Been using it about 7 years now with no issues. It comes with multiple levels of safety for peace of mind too.

7. OPForest

OPForest Fire Worm

I've been debating between the JBJ and the one from autotopoff.com. I already have an aqualifter so the price for the later is tempting.

8. Click Here!

9. SaltyClown

SaltyClown Sea Dragon

10. Bucsfan

Bucsfan Flamingo Tongue

It does look sweet. Has anyone out there used this particular product? One problem I may have is a siphon issue as my drum is situated higher than the water line in my sump.

11. Pdxile

Pdxile Coral Banded Shrimp

I have the innovative marine aquagadget controller and pump. I love, love, love it. I won it as a prize in the Meme contest. It is awesome, but at almost 300 for the system I think there are other options, not as fancy, that will do the job. But if you have $300 to spend...

12. SaltyClown

SaltyClown Sea Dragon

It comes with a very small, powerful pump.