Need Advise on Selling a Rifle

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by WhiskyTango, Mar 27, 2014.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. WhiskyTango

WhiskyTango Eyelash Blennie

I need advise from south floridans on how to sell a rifle.

So I recently inherited a Chinese SKS that I have absolutely no use for, and would like to sell, but I don't really trust the web and pawn shops are pointless in my opinion.

If any military or hunters on 3reef have any advise on how to move this thing safely and securely, please let me know.

Chinese SKS
    Heat Shroud
    Black Poly Stock

Cheers,
    Ames

2. Click Here!

3. Swisswiss

Swisswiss Caribbean Reef Squid

Gun shop? Im in switzerland so cant really help with US laws. But that or shooting range is where i would point my nose

4. chris adams

chris adams Purple Tang

Basically all you really need to do is cover your azz

1) see if they have a ccw (have them show it to you and make sure it is current). You do not have to have a CCW in florida to own a gun but if they have one you can be pretty sure they are not a criminal.
    2) 18 to purchase/own rifle in florida .. although personally I would want them to be at least 21
    3) write up a bill of sale, date, serial# of rifle etc and take some pics and have 2 copies 1 for you and 1 for buyer and both of you sign it.
    4) for best value you want to make sure it is in working order and put some rounds through it.
    5) You want to do everything you can to make sure the person has a clean record and some gun shops can assist for a fee and run background check.

1 person likes this.
  5. WhiskyTango

WhiskyTango Eyelash Blennie

My cousin gave it a through cleaning and shot a box of rounds, so I know its good.

A signed bill of sale and pics makes good sense, thanks.

6. Peredhil

Peredhil Giant Squid

hey whiskey. does it work? the russian variant generally fetches more cash than chinese variants (of anything really).

That's a pretty cool rifle. It's what the AK replaced.

If it's in-state, it's really no different than selling a baseball or anything in a garage sale. though I agree w/the above you want to cover your azz so I would follow chris's recommendation. We call them CHL in TX. I won't sell you a gun if you don't have one and if you do, I trust the system.

If it's out of state (or in-state if you prefer), I use gun broker.
    How to Sell a Gun & Selling Guns Online: Auction Advice at GunBroker.com
    You'll use an FFL (a gun shop will charge a fee like $25 or similar) - the buyer will use an FFL. The gun will ship to the gun shop and the buyer has to go there to pick up and do any necessary background checks etc.

That process is basically it for any gun bought over the net.

Never ever lose your paper work showing you sold it. Never know what will happen ten years down the line.

1 person likes this.