Need a second opinion...

Discussion in 'Refugium' started by BillyD, Oct 23, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. BillyD

BillyD Feather Duster

Friend of mine sent me some pics of a sump that a biology teacher she works with got. From looking at the pictures, i can tell its not a sump, it looks like a hang on the back refugium or filter to me. she was asking me for some help setting it up, and i just want to make sure im looking at this right before i tell her anything. Without better pics, i would say it syphons into the first chamber, and flows to the second, overflowing back into the tank.....looks like you could either put filter media or sand and chaeto in the bigger chamber to the right.

Is this correct or are you guys seeing something different?

Thanks for the help!

(sorry about the pics, she took them from her phone.)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Click Here!

3. unclejed

unclejed Whip-Lash Squid

Hi, from I see, yes, you got it.

1 person likes this.
  4. phoenixhieghts

phoenixhieghts Panda Puffer

deffo a refugium - however i can't see the pics properly to see the intake, they are small pics and i cant seem to enlarge them.

1 person likes this.
  5. BillyD

BillyD Feather Duster

yeah she took them from her phone, i had to download them to the PC and zoom in to see it, but its so pixilated you can hardly make anything out.

6. lunatik_69

lunatik_69 Giant Squid

I wish I could give you my opinion, but the pics cant be enlarged and are just to small to see. luna

7. Iraf

Iraf Snowflake Eel

that is a HOB fuge that is missing it's skimmer and powerheads I forgot what brand it is but I've seen a bunch of them a LFS here sells cheap tanks taht arent drilled and sticks them on the back of all of them, funny cause the HOB fuge is worth more than the freakin tank is

1 person likes this.