Neapolitan Mastiff

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by Steve Goldsmith, Apr 1, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. ascitone

ascitone Plankton

I have 2 English mastiffs male (Roman) is 195lbs. Female (Angelina) 173lbs. both think they are lap dogs. trust me it will take your breath away when they want to snuggle. we also have a 20lb King Charles Cavalier. they all get along great. they ( the mastiffs) have been fed low protien foods since they were puppys, slows there growth some to help there joints keep up with there fast growth spurts that mastiffs have. be aware that the larger breed dogs(english Mastiffs) it is not that un common for them to have hip/ joint problems, also consider your self lucky if they are living a healthy happy life after the age of 7 years, some will live 12 years but that is uncommon. before the 2 we have now we had a english/ bull mastiff mix and she was the best dog I have ever owened in my life, she died @ the age of 8 she was the runt of the litter and was about 120lbs. so I dont belive it is only the larger dogs of the breed that causes the shorter life span, I would recomend this breed of dog to anyone that can house / feed (40lbs a week for my 2) this breed. great watch/ guard dog, great companion, just be responsable and always be aware of surroundings when in public, its not fun when they want something across the street and you are attached to the leash. never have any issues with door to door salesmen anymore ever.... just want you to be aware of some of the issues you could come across.

2. Click Here!

3. Steve Goldsmith

Steve Goldsmith Fire Shrimp

Well I caved in! He's the sweetest, mellowest, and most loyal puppy I've had. 5 months old, over 90 lbs I think. I thought that he'd be aggressive towards frank, but it was the opposite. And now they're getting along perfectly. :D i cant be happier. and now for the pics.

Attached Files:

4. chappy85

chappy85 Coral Banded Shrimp

that is awesome!
    man i want one of these now lol

5. dowtish

dowtish Horrid Stonefish

Awesome pics and congratz! I'm glad you are happy with your new addition. The last pic made me literally lol.

6. Steve Goldsmith

Thanks! He's pretty cool. One thing I need to develop a habit of is carrying a towel everywhere I go.

7. Prince_Namor

Prince_Namor Astrea Snail

Oh thats all? Well hey, thats waaay better! He shouldnt eat much at all then..... ;D lol

8. Click Here!

9. Steve Goldsmith

10. JJL

JJL Purple Tang

Haha that is pretty crazy
    What a pretty puppy though :)

11. Prince_Namor

Prince_Namor Astrea Snail

Wow... I have two dogs that eat four cups a day total.......

12. Steve Goldsmith

Well I haven't been on much lately... So I thought I'd update. :D Buddy is now 10 months old, and he is weighing in at 145 lbs. I wonder when his spurts will stop... I'm even feeding him low protein food! The one issue is that he's a huge drinker (of water of course) and I actually have to limit his water supply. He has no way to hold it in his mouth with the droopy jowls!! :mad: and he leans, leans leans leans... 145 lbs of leaning... Pics to come soon!