Nano vs Bio Cube Comparison

Discussion in 'Fish Tank Brands and Kits' started by Hawaii777, Jan 2, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Hawaii777

Hawaii777 Astrea Snail

Which one of these tanks is the best one to get for an upgrade. 28 Gallon nano cube or 29 Gallon Oceanic BioCube? Need Help...:confused:

2. Click Here!

3. thepanfish

thepanfish Flying Squid

4. chelseagrin

chelseagrin Fire Goby

I was gonna say as far as a quality all in one system you can't go better than a cad light tank. Great quality.

5. SwimsWithFish

SwimsWithFish Giant Squid

A modified biocube is just as good as any other tank IMO. But the stock biocube is far from reef ready. You'll need to modify filtration and possibly lighting depending on what floats your boat.

6. Biocube

Biocube Giant Squid

I own a BioCube and have already dumped over $1,500.00 in additional mods to make my system up to par. Now I'm not saying I don't enjoy it.. I have made this tank completely all mine in every way... I like to think of it as my own piece art

7. sjnovakovich

sjnovakovich Bristle Worm

I'm pretty new to all of this but my opinion follows. The link that thepanfish provided is definitely a step up from either the biocube or nanocube. When I was researching, I found that any tank that size using metal halide lighting is probably going to require a chiller. Chillers can add a large expense to your setup. That led me to the JBJ Nanocube Advanced LED. Now, I have very little experience, but from what I have read on almost every forum, the LED lights on the Nano are sufficient to grow just about anything. The only addition I have made to my setup is an eShopps PSK 75 HOB skimmer.

Like I said, the Cadlights is a much nicer looking tank, but you will most likely need to add a chiller.

8. Click Here!

9. Mobalized

Mobalized Teardrop Maxima Clam

I think people frequently forever the biocube hqi which obviously uses metal halide.

10. SwimsWithFish

SwimsWithFish Giant Squid

Yep, plus the hqi has a refugium. But personally I'd go LEDS if I had the money.

11. pgoodsell

pgoodsell Horrid Stonefish

I just got the Biocube HQI, they fixed all the problems you use to have to mod on the old biocube. Plus the HQI light is nice, will see how the heat issue goes come summer time. But simple fans can help a lot. A chiller is not always necessary.

12. 1.0reef

1.0reef Giant Squid

IMO get the 28 gallon nano cube with LED's and mod it if you want a beastly reef!