Nano-Tank

Discussion in 'Tropical Fish' started by cody3819, Dec 31, 2015.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. cody3819

cody3819 Bubble Tip Anemone

I'm looking for one maybe two more fish to go into my biocube. I currently have four fish, a Bengaii Cordnial, two Clowns and one chromis. I have tried keeping a small school of chromis but they keep dying. I believe the one surviver keeps killing them? Anyways I'm looking for something to complete my fish inventory. I had a wrasse in the past but it jumped into my overflow and died. So that little guy is out the question, unless needed, due to my tank now being hoodless. Thanks.

2. Click Here!

3. oldfishkeeper

oldfishkeeper Giant Squid

It seems I recommend this fish a lot but I love flamehawks - they are very active, colorful and personable - always photobomb :) they are also hardy and peaceful with tank mates. They are different in that they perch from spot to spot throughout the tank.

4. Vinnyboombatz

Vinnyboombatz Giant Squid

My experiences with Flame Hawks is much different actually. They all became obnoxious bullies of smaller less aggressive fish. I don't think I would add anything else except maybe a small shrimp goby.

DSC reef and cody3819 like this.
  5. oldfishkeeper

I've only kept the one, perhaps it was just lucky

Vinnyboombatz, DSC reef and cody3819 like this.
  6. cody3819

cody3819 Bubble Tip Anemone

Thanks for all the great info guys..... I'm just wanting that last fish I guess?

DSC reef likes this.
  7. Vinnyboombatz

Vinnyboombatz Giant Squid

4 fish is actually alot for your water volume.Fish are dirty animals.;)
    Keep in mind you have alot less water when fish,corals,rocks, and sand are added. Keeping a heavily stocked aquarium is a sure fire way to turn a hobby into a chore.

DSC reef, Piano10 and cody3819 like this.
  8. Click Here!

9. granocompany

granocompany Astrea Snail

Those fish my favorite for small tank. They stay small 2,5 inch, very peaceful, nice color. You don't have to feed them when go on holiday, they allways hunting, very cool fish, like small freshwater apistogramma. When buy them ask if they are eating!

SkyFire, Vinnyboombatz and cody3819 like this.
  10. oldfishkeeper

11. Piano10

Piano10 Aiptasia Anemone

What size of tank?

12. DSC reef

DSC reef Giant Squid

A 29 gallon bio cube with 4 fish is pretty stocked when you consider the sand, rock and coral take up volume in the tank. If you weren't hoodless I'd recommend a firefish, regular or purple, but all I've had were steady jumpers. All fish can jump though. A heavy bioload means lots of work in the future. I've been there before, lol.

Piano10, Vinnyboombatz and cody3819 like this.