Nano tank thread

Discussion in 'General Reef Topics' started by fish-aholic 94, Dec 27, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. addicted_now

addicted_now Astrea Snail

tank specs are 20"lx20.75"Lx19.25"h

2. Click Here!

3. addicted_now

4. fish-aholic 94

fish-aholic 94 Gigas Clam

The 108-watt probably would work. The HQI would work best. Also if you get the HQI you need to watch your temp, because they put off a lot of heat.

5. addicted_now

Well thats part of the kit for the HQI doubles the 2 cooling fans capacity 2 fold by the specs they listed.
    Nanotuners.com
    is the HQI link
    Nanotuners.com
    is the 108 link with specs.

thanks for the help and info

6. fish-aholic 94

Let me know what you go with.

7. addicted_now

Ill try to find some other members on here that have BioCubes an see what they have done but will let you know what i end up doing and how it works. Which ever way i go. i will add another bulb right now it is a 50/50 and a 03 atinic bulb it is better to add a flat out 10k daylight bulb another 50/50 or anothe atinic?

8. Click Here!

9. NU-2reef

NU-2reef Montipora Digitata

this is my nano tank. its a 29g biocube. nothing fancy as far as mods go.just a minifuge in the back chamber. personally would not waste my time modding the lights, id rather upgrade to a 20" 6x18w T5 nova extreme pro.

let me know if any of you guys have any questions....
    [​IMG]

10. fish-aholic 94

:drool:

11. Francophile

Francophile Plankton

I have a Biocube 29.....I had a SW tank about fifteen years ago, and I have been out of the hobby since then. Set up my tank at the end of August. I have almost thirty pounds of live rock with 40 pounds of live sand. I am running almost stock....I added StevieT's media basket and an in-tank refugium in the middle chamber in the back. I have Chemipure and Purigen below a floss filter in the media basket, and I have a good-sized ball of chaeto in the refugium area. Stock pump and lighting....I added a Hydorflo to the water return, and a Koralia Nano and a Koralia 1 on opposite sides of the tank.

I have two false percs, and I love their personalities. They appear to be settling into their roles as male and female, and they're hosting a leather coral I have. I also have a firefish goby and a yellow watchman goby. The firefish spends a lot of time out, but the ywg is pretty shy, still. I have hermits and snails for a CUC, and one enormous bristleworm (he freaks me out, but everyone says he's good for the tank, so he's staying for now). A few peppermint shrimp and a pretty cool macro algae that came in as a hitchiker with the live rock round everything out.

I do partial water changes, but not as often as I should. My tests show everything in the nearly perfect range, so right now I keep up on daily top-offs, and all seems really well.

Good to see this thread started.

12. NUGIO

NUGIO Corkscrew Tentacle Anemone

i just REset up a 24nc 15-20 lbs LR w/black LS planning on just a pair of mated black clowns