Nano Help

Discussion in 'New To The Hobby' started by hottielover14, Nov 23, 2007.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. hottielover14

hottielover14 Torch Coral

Hi everyone, its been 2 years since i have last posted on here. I had a 55g reef tank for about 2 years but had to get rid of it because i couldn't afford it and didnt have as much time. but I can now. i spent like $10,000 total on my 55g but this time around i want to get a nano tank and try that out(at least for now). I was looking to get either a JBL Nano or Aquapods 24G Nano with the 150W HQI MH(which is almost 6 watts/gallon). i was leaning towards the Aquapods Nano but what do you guys think? I also would be using a refuge for my main filter but also the mechanical/chemical filter that comes with the Nano too.

its my first time with a Nano, i know that you have to check the tank more and monitor it more and be careful not to over stock it. but what are some other differences to having a nano vs. a bigger tank? what is some advice that could really help my Nano do well?

2. Click Here!

3. baugherb

baugherb Giant Squid

I have a 12 gallon nano cube with 10 gallon sump. My issues are always with heat. Opsguy bought a 28 gal hqi from JBJ and I'm interested in seeing what the temp runs at. I'm getting a new tank in january, but I'm waiting for opsguys opinions...

4. hottielover14

hottielover14 Torch Coral

thanks baug. does anybody else have a 24G Aquapod HQI Nano? im also going to get the Nanocustoms mini chiller to add to the hood. what size fuge is good for this size of a nano?

5. baugherb

baugherb Giant Squid

the thing that bothers me about the jbj hqi is it has built in thermal shut down protection???? That tells me its gonna get pretty hot under the hood of that thing... Chiller would be a awesome idea....