Nano for the classroom

Discussion in 'Show Off Your Fish Tanks!' started by Reefbuilder, Sep 23, 2015.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Reefbuilder

Reefbuilder Scooter Blennie

So from one extreme to the other! I just set up a 10 x 10 nano tank for my wife. She teaches 5th grade and I made a nice little set up for her classroom.

I will post up some pics of it, but pretty basic with some soft corals, baby clown fish and real small cleaner shrimp and a hermit. Little concerned on feeding during breaks, figure worse case can bring the clown home for Christmas break or hook up some kind of auto feeder.

Picked up a Tunze Nano top off for the evaporation, set her up with a pretty nice system for maintenance and hopefully it will be a big hit.

Currently she has a 10 gallon with some fancy tail guppies also.

2. Click Here!

3. Piano10

Piano10 Aiptasia Anemone

4. Va Reef

Va Reef Giant Squid

Wow what a spoiled class room. Usually class saltwater tanks don't end up so fancy/nice.

5. Reefbuilder

Okay it started - I went to pick it up and its to small. So I went with the 12 x 12, now I am building a false wall to hold all the equipment as I want a clean look. I also upgraded the light to a AI Prime. I picked up a pair of baby Davinci Extreme Clowns... and a baby rainbow nem :) Clowns in my QT tank now.

6. Vinnyboombatz

Vinnyboombatz Giant Squid

Are you trying to turn those kids into you??? Not the worst that could happen.☺
    Let us know how you like the prime been considering one for my tank.

7. Reefbuilder

I have to tell you from the little I have seen and reviews I have read for a smaller tank I don't think there is better out there. Seeing it in person it's a pretty slick light

Vinnyboombatz likes this.