Nano Cube Corals

Discussion in 'Coral' started by Bruce, Nov 16, 2004.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Bruce

Bruce Giant Squid

Hello, i just wanted to know what corals r good for the 12 gal nano cube...ie, corals that stay small and i guess dont need that great lighting ...the cube has pc's thanks [smiley=smurf.gif]

2. Click Here!

3. OoNickoC

OoNickoC Bubble Tip Anemone

Ive had pulsing Xenia, many mushrooms, Zoo polyps, a metallic green brain (outgrew the tank under stock lights), leathers that also outgrew the tank under stock lights, and a wide aray of "things" that have grown out of my rock. with regualr partial water changes and additives (b-ionic 2 part system, strontium) and feeding with dt's. I feed my coral and anemones meaty foods as well as DT's weekly with awesome growth under the 24 watts most would say is far too low to have things that i DO have. Here are some pics of what i currently have had that hasnt outgrown my nano cube. The colors are way off because my digital camera is an antique.

Attached Files:

4. OoNickoC

Everything in these shots were aquacultured in my tank......under 24 watts of good ol nano-cube PC. ;)

Attached Files:

5. OoNickoC

I realize these arent what would be called corals (except the Xenia) but i though it would give you an idea the nicer looking stuff that has actually been grown ina stock "cube".

6. Bruce

Bruce Giant Squid

cool thanks alot ;D

7. TEPOZ_AZTLAN

TEPOZ_AZTLAN Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

hey, what's up guy's i checked your info on corals for nano,
    I'm about to start a nano cube called 3rd generation it is the same but it has 48 watts of CL. my first question is what is the best rock for that size of tank, and how many lbs do i need. second is similar i purchased a 20lb bag of araglive sand will it be enough to cover 2" to 3" deep in tank?
    i really will appreciate your help and info on nano size reef topics

8. Click Here!

9. Craig Manoukian

Craig Manoukian Giant Squid

Welcome Tepoz_Aztlan!

What are the dimensions of your nano, H-L-D in inches and what are the total gallons in volume?

10. OoNickoC

[quote author=TEPOZ_AZTLAN link=board=Coral;num=1100664150;start=0#5 date=12/24/04 at 00:11:25]hey, what's up guy's i checked your info on corals for nano,
    I'm about to start a nano cube called 3rd generation it is the same but it has 48 watts of CL. my first question is what is the best rock for that size of tank, and how many lbs do i need. second is  similar i purchased a 20lb bag of araglive sand will it be enough to cover 2" to 3" deep in tank?
    i really will appreciate your help and info on nano size reef topics     [/quote]

i woud go with lacy and branch rock, water flow seems to be the biggest issue in them. i have about 10-15 lbs of assorted LR with a 20lb bag of ls in mine (pics of my stuff above). The 3rd gen has awesome filtration and is good to go reef ready. As for fish, i have found a severly strict 2 fish rule. They crash longterm with more than 2 from my experience. I call em the buisnessmen specials, as ive set up well over a dozen in peoples offices (as well as doing bi-weekly maintanence calls) and they are all thriving.

11. OoNickoC

almost forgot, for Craig....it's a 10 gallon living area with a 2 gallon filter! 3 stage true wet dry with carbon. thats only on the 3rd gen. models though...mine has a wannabe wet dry and only 24 watts intsead of 48. Tank : about 14x14x14 (the actual water covers this area, the dimensions given by the box include the hood.

12. Craig Manoukian

Craig Manoukian Giant Squid

Are those the same dimensions for TEPOZ_AZTLAN?