Mystery disapearence!

Discussion in 'Soft Corals' started by gabe, May 12, 2005.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. gabe

gabe Astrea Snail

I hade a red mushroom my friend gave me, it was on a empty snail shell. When I woke up the next morning it looked like it was torn up, it was dangly, weird looking. When i came back from school it wasnt their, but the snail shell was still their, and i still cant find it any where, weird. I think it could be because i hade the power head over it.

2. Click Here!

3. Chris Jones

Chris Jones Feather Duster

Gabe, what else is in your tank??? Do you have other corals that have not been accosted (attacked)?? Give me some info to work with. It's kinda like asking you why my rug is shredded in my back yard and not telling you I have 4 dogs! (I don't) lol. anyway, expoud please.

4. gabe

gabe Astrea Snail

I have 2 green led hermit crabs, 1 four stripe damsel, and 2 three stripe damsel. This was my first coral.

gabe

5. Birdlady

Birdlady Finback Whale

Perhaps it let go of the shell in order to find itself a more suitable home.

Mushrooms prefer low flow, low light areas. I'll bet (if your water quality is ok, no high nitrates) that you find it somewhere....check in between rocks and under the edges of bottom rocks.:)

6. gabe

gabe Astrea Snail

I looked every where, still cant find it. But thanks for the advice.

gabe

7. Birdlady

Birdlady Finback Whale

I still say, you will find it eventually...they are pretty hardy critters...luck to ya!;)

8. Click Here!

9. gabe

gabe Astrea Snail

Thanks

gabe

10. Chris Jones

Chris Jones Feather Duster

Like BL said, Mushrooms will detach and move to a suitable area. About those Green?? leg Hermits, I am not familar with anything like that, and even looked for them on google.
    They may be "Blue leg" hermits, which are normally reef safe:), but take a look at this, http://www.skyshed.btinternet.co.uk/Occupents-Aquarium.htm
    and you might surmise what the fate of your mushroom might be. You said it looked tattered at first, and then gone later, The crabs might have taken advantage of the shroom. Sorry.:(
    I hope you do find it though, and make sure your crabs have a good supply of other food.;-)
    Good luck.
    Chris

11. gabe

gabe Astrea Snail

Thanks for the info,

gabe