Mysterious killer! help ASAP!

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by Sheliaknows, May 19, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Sheliaknows

Sheliaknows Fire Worm

any ideas on my second worm??

2. Click Here!

3. Renee@LionfishLair

Renee@LionfishLair 3reef Sponsor

4. Sheliaknows

Sheliaknows Fire Worm

yeah this one was seen cleaning up what the flat worm left behind. orange/tan color, round and fat. about the thickness of a pencil. pretty sure its not a bristle worm but could be wrong

5. Renee@LionfishLair

Kind of picking up the stuff like a snout? Peanut worm?

Linky

Go down to Sipunculid.

Last edited: May 19, 2010
  6. Sheliaknows

Sheliaknows Fire Worm

yeah it was picking the stuff out like that but the peanut worm looks smooth. this worm had "steps" as it gets bigger like a bristle worm does if that makes sense.. simialr color

7. Renee@LionfishLair

It had segments?

Did you look around at the other critters on that page?

8. Click Here!

9. Sheliaknows

Sheliaknows Fire Worm

the sylid worm looks close but not forsure if it is it.... interesting link thanks!

10. Sheliaknows

Sheliaknows Fire Worm

if i was to try and trap the Pericelis flat worm what would you use for bait? just normal fish food i guess. I have a small clear glass jar with a plastic lid. i was going to make a small hole in the jar lid and put food inside. hoping the flatworm or any other creepy thing i dont want crawls in.....think it could work?? The video on youtube of the Pericelis shows it swimming around in the open. mine has never done that and definitly not with the lights on so how will i get it to come out of its hiding hole?

11. Renee@LionfishLair

It can work if you see him inside. But fish and/or critter traps are traditionally made so the critter is actually trapped inside by design. The flatworm will be able to enter and exit at will. But if you catch it chowing, it could work.

12. reefmonkey

reefmonkey Giant Squid

I didn't read the whole thread, just the first page. Glad this happened to someone else cuz I thought I was just having flashbacks when it happened to me.

In Feb. when I added a frag pack with my toadstool I was looking in my tank that night just like normal. I saw this brownish pink blob on the rock the toad is on. Just thought it was some sponge or macro maybe. One of my peppermints came along feeding close to the rock and the blob literally oozed out of the hole and sprayed about 50-100 tentacle looking things around the shrimp and drug it back against the rock and pretty much drained the shrimp from inside out. I took the rock out and dropped it in a heavy solution of Kent's Iodine not caring at the time if the stool made it or not. It didn't open again for about 1 week but I've never seen the blob monster again either.