Mysterious creature in my tank!!!!

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by Wolffvet, Jan 29, 2004.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Wolffvet

Wolffvet Astrea Snail

Ok, I was feeding my tank when I noticed 2 almost transparent feelers or tentacles extending from a ballpoint pen sized hole in my live rock just above the sand line. They would move aorund and grab any food within 3-5 inches of the hole and seemed to be able to locate it pretty easily. I also noticed a lot of empty snail shells within that area as well. Any ideas on what it could be? I tried to take some pictures with my digital camera but they would not even show up. I may try and take some more later when the feelers/tentacles are fully extended.

2. Click Here!

3. NUGIO

NUGIO Corkscrew Tentacle Anemone

[smiley=confused1.gif] [smiley=confused1.gif] That sounds intresting
    Try using the macro setting on your cam if you have it

4. inwall75

inwall75 Giant Squid

5. Wolffvet

Wolffvet Astrea Snail

Thanks guys, I did a little research shortly after posting this and found out that it was indeed a spaghetti worm. It is very cool to watch!

6. karlas

karlas Fire Goby

if thats what it is there good scavageners but they do not go after snails there awesome addition to a clean up crew. the only thing is they multiply like mad i started with a few hitchikers now when my engineer gobies dig sand it looks like a forest of little trees from these guys tubes

7. Speedy

Speedy Fire Shrimp

Whoooo-hooooo! Long live spaghetti worms. They are awesome and they do reproduce really fast. Congrats!

Got any hermits? If so what color are they?