my snails!

Discussion in 'Breeding Tropical Fish' started by nemo1991, Jun 30, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. nemo1991

nemo1991 Millepora

ok so i while ago i posted stuff about my narasis (SP?) snails the white ones that burrow in teh sand, about laying a bunch of batches of eggs, well they have laid a total of 15 or 16 i forget batches of eggs, a ridiculous amount, most people i told said they would jsut be fish food, the first batch was like what 3 or 4 weeks ago??
    well i just was lookng at my tank at night, and i found a couple baby snails, really small jsut getting their shell, but they survived!!!!!

2. Click Here!

3. R34dawn

R34dawn Ocellaris Clown

neat! maybe you can start making a little extra selling them on line...lol just a though

4. nemo1991

nemo1991 Millepora

yeah, at all my local LFS (there are like 6 )they go for like $3 all of the stores sell them at that price, if all the eggs hatch (there were like 200-300 eggs a batch) and like 16 or so batches, thats alot of snails, i could pay for some equipment!

5. baugherb

baugherb Giant Squid

Thants cool......I get a few babies in my tank.. I see them every once in a while....