my situation...

Discussion in 'Diseases' started by cj24, Feb 3, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. cj24

cj24 Bristle Worm

so here is my situation.

my tank is in the process of cycling and is on the 4th week. just recently had a nice diatom bloom. i was talked into cycling with a few damsels from my LFS. i had bought one from one store. and then a week later i was talked into getting two more.

well, the first on i bought is the only one living still. the other two died since. one of them died within about two days and looked as if was loosing color on one side of it before it died. the other one died about a week later and looked like it had lymphosystis. white tips on all his fins and mouth was decaying. Another thing i noticed was that the one healthy fish was really bullying the others and didnt give them much of a chance to get acclimated.

my question is, do any of these symotoms sound like a real disease and something that i need to pull the survivor out of the DT and put in a QT to let the tank rid itself of parasites or is itmaybe that the fish just stressed and died???

thank you the help is appreciated, im wanting to know if after my cycle i can add livestock or if i have to wait the additional tie to heal my DT

2. Click Here!

3. GuitarMan89

GuitarMan89 Giant Squid

It sounds like the cycle got to them and the bullying didn't help much. I wouldn't worry too much about disease, but you never know.

1 person likes this.