My procedure to get rid of ich disease :

Discussion in 'Diseases' started by country1911, Jul 25, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. country1911

country1911 Coral Banded Shrimp

You might be better off replacing your sand. If you decide not to, I would at least rinse it very well. It could turn into a nutrient sink if you let all the flora and fauna die then restart the tank.

Just my opinion tho.

As far as ich, if you are replacing the said or rinsing it, skip the hot water, just empty the tank and clean it extremely well with vinegar. You may need to nuke your live rock as well because there may be some residual ich in the water stored in it.

It is far easier to leave your tank fishless or fallow for 6-8 weeks. There is no need to start over and you still can have coral and inverts in the tank. Then around the 4 week mark you can buy a fish, and start the quarantine process. This is my preferred method and what I highly recommend.

2. Click Here!

3. Moxtrain

Moxtrain Peppermint Shrimp

I feel like this is starting a forest fire to weed your garden.......

1 person likes this.
  4. kwinter1

kwinter1 Corkscrew Tentacle Anemone

I would just run tank with no fish for 6 weeks no fish = no reproduction cycle = no more ich

5. Kevin_E

Kevin_E Giant Squid

Just go fish-less for 6-8 weeks as has been suggested to you before. You're going to have to wait that long for your tank to re-cycle anyways if you go your route. Your tank is already established, why would you tear it down and restart?