My pleco is acting a little off..... :(

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fish' started by CUCCI-WALDRON, Jan 19, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. CUCCI-WALDRON

CUCCI-WALDRON Astrea Snail

HEY YALL,
    I HAVE HAD MY PLECO FOR ABOUT 2 WEEKS AND HE HAS DONE A GREAT JOB CLEANING MY TANK. HE HAS ALWAYS BEEN KINDA LAZY. AND HE HAS CERTAIN SPOTS ON THE ROCKS AND PLACES ON THE GLASS THAT HE SPENDS MOST OF HIS TIME. BUT LAST NIGHT HE WAS SWIMMIN AROUND ALL WILLY NILLY LIKE, KINDA LIKE HE COULDN'T FIND ANY ALGAE. I WISH I HAD A VIDEO TO SHOW BUT HE WOULDNT STAY ON A SPOT BUT FOR LIKE 2 SECS AND THEN HE WOULD SWIM AROUND ALL FAST AND CRAZY AND THEN SUCK ON SOMETHIN FOR A SEC AND SO ON AND SO ON. HE DID THIS FOR ABOUT 4 HOURS. IS HE OK? MY HUSBAND SAID HE WAS GLAD TO SEE HIM BEING MORE ACTIVE BUT IT WAS OUT OF THE ORDINARY FOR HIM AND IT MADE ME WORRY.
    ANY INFO WOULD HELP ME QUIT WORRYING ABOUT B.J.:confused:

2. Click Here!

3. LCP136

LCP136 Sailfin Tang

Check your parameters. It may have some sort of parasite or infection that is making it crazy.

4. CUCCI-WALDRON

CUCCI-WALDRON Astrea Snail

Parasites can make them crazy?? He's found his fave spot on one of the rocks and he's been chillin all day today.....you think he's ok? I have to buy a test kit. I usually take the water to be tested to petsmart but sometimes i wonder if they know what they are lookin at...i also wondered if the test strips for a swimmin pool would work to test my aquarium h2o?

5. ReefPlayground

ReefPlayground 3reef Sponsor

Sounds like there might be something off with your water parameters. check everything with a good test kit.