My Personal TaoTronics Review

Discussion in 'LED Aquarium Lighting' started by Kevin3884, Mar 21, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Kevin3884

Kevin3884 Tassled File Fish

As said..they do come with a pretty solid hanging kit...now whether the components/cables would rust over-time...i dont know...because i'm not using them...i cut a hole in my canopy. As for the blue and white coming on...I have both coming on and going off together on a timer...like I said...this is just for that High noon to 5PM intense light period...but its def giving me faster growth.

2. Click Here!

3. brian hansen

brian hansen Plankton

you sed it is giving you faster groth but faster than what other light?

4. jtnova13

jtnova13 Bristle Worm

Hey kevin, thanks for the awesome post. I am thinking about getting some of these. I have a 65g acrylic with a hood. How hot do these get? Can i sit them on the top of my tank without it melting?

Alternately, I could mount them to the top of the hood which would put them about 2" off the top of my tank (4" above the water line).

5. Kevin3884

They get pretty hot...i dont think they are melting acrylic hot...but wherever they go make sure them fans have PLENTY of room to suck and blow the air..

6. Kevin3884

I have AI SOL blues as the main source of light on the tank

7. jtnova13

jtnova13 Bristle Worm

The hood is open in the back. Maybe i will have to cut holes in the top of the hood where the fans are in order for enough air to move.

8. Click Here!

9. miltonreefer

miltonreefer Plankton

Dimensions?

What are the dimensions of this fixture? I am especially interested in the area of the LEDs rather then the outside dimensions. I have a semicircular shaped tank and the canopy is very limiting for getting adequate light.

10. jtnova13

jtnova13 Bristle Worm

Kev,

I am thinking about getting the dimmable version of these. What sort of coverage do you think I need for a 60g (46x16x16). Can i get away with 1 or do i need 2?

11. Kevin3884

I would do 2 :) at 10" above the tank it cover about a 2ft with intense light

12. jtnova13

jtnova13 Bristle Worm

Crap, i forgot to mention that these will be going in a hood so will only be about 4" from the water. Do you think it will spotlight really bad?

I may just have to bite the bullet and go for a 36 LED kit from rapid so i can spread it out enough to get the coverage i need.