My Personal TaoTronics Review

Discussion in 'LED Aquarium Lighting' started by Kevin3884, Mar 21, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Grawyl

Grawyl Astrea Snail

2. Click Here!

3. Still Wet

Still Wet Plankton

Finally got ahold of somebody about my light. Maybe a good light but customer service sucks. They want me to ship the light back and pay $50.00 for deprecation. Which is not right seeing as it is under a two year warranty. They will not budge on the money. I have no problem paying for shipping again but paying a third of the cost of a new light is absolutely insane. Beware of the maker Sun Valley Tek or e-bay id eshoponline. DON'T count on the warranty.

4. Seguragr

Seguragr Astrea Snail

There's always the magic words "how about I have my attorney send you a demand letter in anticipation of litigation instead."

5. Todd_Sails

Todd_Sails Giant Squid

I totally agree with YOU. It caught on fire, and they should NOT even want you to pay for shipping!

Is it a TaoTronics model?

And, where in WI are you? I'm in Franklin, (SWMilwaukee)

6. Seguragr

Seguragr Astrea Snail

It's really fairly simple. You just tell them to look at the economics. They'll pay more than it would cost them to replace the light defending against a lawsuit even if they won. You win. You can threaten to report the seller and post comments on his eBay page, this lowering his profits. And tell him that if you have to send a demand letter and litigate you will ask for collateral damages also as well as your own attorney's fees. By collateral damages I mean smoke damage, damage to walls ceilings, livestock loss, etc.

Ask if he prefers the voluntary and certain liability for the cost of the light plus shipping, or the potential for liability in the thousands of dollars. Like I said, even if you were to take it all the way and lose, he still loses from loss of reputation and the expense of litigation.

7. Focusmyson

Focusmyson Plankton

Ok so I have read every post here and I'm going to be replacing 3 250w halides with theses LEDs how many should I buy? I was thinking 3 but not sure. Also has any one has experience with the Tao Ty-al04 the 212w model? Was thinking maybe two of those would be enuf. At this point I'm rebuilding this tank so it's manly live rock and I do have mis mushrooms and one bubble tip also a clam at this point would like to eventually have a far amount of spa and lps! Any thoughts

8. Click Here!

9. tonythereefer

tonythereefer Fire Shrimp

someone on here gave me very sound advice when I was considering these lights...

check out reefbreeders.com, 1. they are a sponsor here, 2. Logan will take care of you if you have an issues or questions, 3. The units are sold and shipped in the U.S. out of Connecticut

the 120w units with 120 degree optics are 179.99 and with 90 degree optics they are 199.99 pretty much the same price as the tao tronics but at least you'll have a sound mind knowing that you won't have any issues should you need to use the warranty