My Personal TaoTronics Review

Discussion in 'LED Aquarium Lighting' started by Kevin3884, Mar 21, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Green_Clavulari

Green_Clavulari Spaghetti Worm

I wonder if this LED system will do ok for 30 inches high? anyone has experience with this height?

Thanks

2. Click Here!

3. ny300z

ny300z Plankton

well after looking for reviews on the Taotronics LED i found this thread and read the whole dam thing.

question i have is.....is the 120w one really overkill for a 20L. especially since its only about 12inches deep and i wont be growing sps.

I know if i get the dimmable one i could keep it lower it but is it a waste?

4. Toallhisdoom

Toallhisdoom Dragon Wrasse

I run 1 120w dimmable over my 75gal tank. 12" above water. tank is 21in deep. Acans and zoos are doing great on bottom.

5. ny300z

ny300z Plankton

would it make sense to buy something like this and use it on half power or less or just buy a less powerful probably cheaper one to begin with?

6. Toallhisdoom

Toallhisdoom Dragon Wrasse

Do you ever plan to upgrade? I mean for a 20gal what are your options really? 2 par 38 bulbs at 100$ a piece? haha

just get it and run it at lower power. Great light.

7. ny300z

ny300z Plankton

haha i knew someone would say the word "upgrade" . I just got into reefs 3 months ago and i already have upgraded tanks. which i will probably do again so your right. thanks!!

8. Click Here!

9. Kevin_E

Kevin_E Giant Squid

I bought a Reefbreeders one to place over my 20L. I have it powered to about 65-70%. It's not over kill, imo. I'll be buying a 2nd unit for when I finally get my 55 gallon tank wet.

10. packerfreak25

packerfreak25 Bristle Worm

I got one over my 20 gallon acro tank. but with dimmer

11. ny300z

ny300z Plankton

cool thanks guys think i might get this really soon

12. Still Wet

Still Wet Plankton

Led

Well I have had my lights running 9 months. I had three units on my 125 gallon not the dimmable version. One of my units started on fire two weeks ago. I contacted Tao and they told me to call the person I bought them from. I am still waiting to hear back on my issue. My corals love the amount of light they put out. The fan covers and hanging kits are starting to rust. My plan to fix this is to clean them up and spray paint them. Will keep everyone posted on how my claim works out.
    Carl