My Personal TaoTronics Review

Discussion in 'LED Aquarium Lighting' started by Kevin3884, Mar 21, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Joeogio

Joeogio Plankton

cool i have been looking into these leds i am glad to have had found this thread

2. Click Here!

3. i3oosted

i3oosted Flamingo Tongue

yeah, I need LED due to heat acclimation in my room so this is a good option

4. leigh

leigh Flamingo Tongue

Does anyone know where I can get these Taotronics to Canada?

I tried amazon for the real Taotronics but it wouldn't ship to Canada and the ebay auctions aren't actually real Taotronic fixtures. Does it really matter? \
    Thanks guys

5. Astrick117

Astrick117 Stylophora

I'm looking to pick up 2 of these for my 75g. I am really interested in the dimmable version, but wasn't sure what sellers were reliable on either ebay or amazon. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

6. jaymostella

jaymostella Skunk Shrimp

I am not sure if anyone is interested in a used light. As I have posted I purchased 2 dimmable versions and posted there par readings a few months ago. I have since went with a diy system from rapid led for the main reason of allowing the apex to ramp the lighting. Now that I have a top if the link below rapid led system i can tell you the color spectrum and lighting from these cheaper Taotronics are REALLY IMPRESSIVE and honestly I am having a hard time justifying the upgrade within my own mind.

I think I have one of my 2 units spoken for but not sure. If anyone wants the other or possibly both just let me know.

7. jaymostella

jaymostella Skunk Shrimp

Sorry for my typos above as I am on a new phone.
    As for the cost, I am not sure but open for offers and yes they are about 4 months old.

8. Click Here!

9. leigh

leigh Flamingo Tongue

I'm very interested in them can you ship to Ontario Canada ?

EDIT--- PM'D

Last edited: Oct 8, 2012
  10. leigh

leigh Flamingo Tongue

I'm very interested in them can you ship to Ontario Canada ?

11. jcollinsks

jcollinsks Plankton

Did you ever find anyone with the Dimmable verison? I really want to jump on this but I only have a 38 GL. I don't want to bleach anything.

12. Todd_Sails

Todd_Sails Giant Squid

Use a hanger, one light, and hang it kinda high till you know how much your corals can take.

I have my 120W Taotronics on an awesome DIY hanger, 2 of them actually over my 125 long. They are 8 inches off the water surface, and my corals all seem to be doing fine- all 36 different species. My tank is about 21 inches deep.