My Orange Guttatus Birdsnest Coral 28 days later.

Discussion in 'SPS Corals' started by reefnJeff, Jul 17, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. reefnJeff

reefnJeff Pajama Cardinal

Pic 1 is the day the SPS arrived, pic 2 is the Coral Today, I can't imagine that its a un-happy Coral bye its growth, other than the burn at its base it looks very healthy.

Attached Files:

2. Click Here!

3. Toallhisdoom

Toallhisdoom Dragon Wrasse

what lighting is this under?

4. reefnJeff

There is 1 Hexarc Blue 250w 14,000k MH, 2 T-5's HO Super Actinics and 2 T-5's HO 10,000k,s

5. Reef Breeders

Reef Breeders 3reef Sponsor

My hyacinth birds nest became a colony in 2 months, lol! I love the stuff, and plan on getting more. Great progression shots!

6. reefnJeff

Thanks anemone! here is my update another month later. The burn he got from the super glue has healed very nice.

Attached Files:

7. Camkha1234

Camkha1234 Great Blue Whale

That's some awesome growth!

8. Click Here!

9. reefnJeff

Thanks Camkha1234, I got a new frag, it broke off the mother Coral, its tiny and took a beaten while I was trying to hold it to glue him to a plug, but he will be OK I think, most of its polyps have come out which is a good sign. How are your Corals coming along?

Attached Files:

10. Brownie

Brownie Flamingo Tongue

I hate to sound rude, but are you sure that's bird's nest? The ends dont look as pointy as birds nest and I am almost certain that your coral is Stylophora.

11. reefnJeff

No thats OK, I don't mind input at all, thats how we learn things, will he was sold as a birdsnest, his ends are pointed I can assure you, the thing is his polyps are so fully extended that it only gives the illusion of rounded ends and fat branches. look at the first pic when I first got him, he looks like a birdsnest, hahaha!

12. Brownie

Brownie Flamingo Tongue

I know what you mean, when my polyps are in on my Stylo that's how it looks. I was talking to my friend about stylo, and birds nests in general and he said that the differences are not that different from each other. He further added that if you through pocillopora into the mix and there is madness, lol.