my ocellaris

Discussion in 'Breeding Tropical Fish' started by HxCxHaley, Aug 17, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. HxCxHaley

HxCxHaley Astrea Snail

Connecticut. where i live doesnt exist on a map...
    1. his 3rd stripe on his tail is a darker shade...:-/ any reason? as far as i can tell hes eating and very very healthy
    besides that because i dnt know why hes like that
    and ivve had em for like 3mos and i just noticed it about 1 week or more ago..

2. would it be okay to introduce another ocellaris and a host anemone into the tank to produce babies? would they be okay wiht my scopas tang?? hes like 4in long ish. from nose to the tail.

2. Click Here!

3. defdad

defdad Fire Shrimp

Just a tip. For faster and more accurate answers, you should include info about your tank when asking questions.

As far as I understand, you can add a juvenile clown of the same type and there is a good chance they will get along fine. As for babies, I think you need a special breeding setup to have much chance of them surviving. As for the anenome, there is no guarantee that the clowns will host it and if your tank is still maturing it will probably die. You need a mature tank(at minimum 6 months but probably longer) and also strong lighting.

4. HxCxHaley

HxCxHaley Astrea Snail

all the levels are fine
    nitrate nitrite ammonia PH
    temp. between 78-81
    salt is kept at .24-.26 no higher or lower
    40gallon "breeder" [wider]
    38lbs of liverock
    7corals [kenya tree/asperagus tip[x2], armor of god/button coral, finger leather/leather encrusting[x2], purple anthelia, green star polyps]
    2 fish[1 ocellaris clown(small), 1 scopas tang(4in long)]
    countless snails
    1 shrimp[told to be peppermint but almost all seethrough, very quiet fellow]
    2 powerheads
    1 regular large bucket filter
    1in of sand on the bottom

5. HxCxHaley

HxCxHaley Astrea Snail

my tank updates....

-up and running holding fish fine for 4mos

-had a ich problem after a hippo tang, returned, other fish quarentined, left tank sitting for a month, no problems have arose[THANK YOU SHRIMP FOR SOLVING THAT.]

-all the levels are fine, nitrate nitrite ammonia PH

-temp. between 78-81

-salt is kept at .24-.26 no higher or lower

-40gallon "breeder" [wider]

-38lbs of liverock

-7corals [kenya tree/asperagus tip[x2], armor of god/button coral, finger leather/leather encrusting[x2], purple anthelia, green star polyps]

-2 fish[1 ocellaris clown(small), 1 scopas tang(4in long)]

-countless snails

-1 shrimp[told to be peppermint but almost all seethrough, very quiet fellow]

-2 powerheads

-1 regular large bucket filter

-1in of sand on the bottom

-i clean it once a week, and feed brine shrimp as they eat within 5mins twice a day both eat fine.

-1 available tank for quarentine[10gal]*xtra powerhead and bucket filter

6. pgoodsell

pgoodsell Horrid Stonefish

To successfully breed, you would need a separate breeding set up. Almost no chance of any surviving in you DT.