My new tank

Discussion in 'Show Off Your Fish Tanks!' started by Siddique, May 8, 2006.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Siddique

Siddique Dragon Wrasse

Hey all, I recently got the professionals to set up this tank for me at the work place. In all it was about a 3 month process and last week I finally put my fish in... It's not quite a reef tank but I thought I'd post it anyway. It measures 10 feet long by 30 inches high and 24 wide. The fish are still new to the surroundings so I wasn't able to take good pictures but it contains a foxface rabbitfish, a domino damsel, 2 green chromis, a panther grouper, a harlequin tuskfish, a coral beauty, a flame back angel, a koran angel,a black damsel, 5 yellow tangs, one brown tang, a sail-fin tang 4 hermit crabs and 6 red starfish. The quality of the pix arn't so great I took them with a camera phone lol::) I can't get a pic of the entire tank because a wall is in my way as I try to back up with the camera to get the whole 10 feet in the pic.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2008
  2. Click Here!

3. Covey

Covey Scooter Blennie

Nice tank. I like the trim. You didn't add all those fish at once did you?

4. Siddique

Siddique Dragon Wrasse

Hey covey, Thanks. Nope not all at once, They've been in nine seperate qt tanks for the past three weeks and then I added them into the main tank. There were two fatalities and that was a brown tang and a blue ribbon eel.:-[

5. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

What do you have for filters on that tank?
    I agree with Covey.. the trim looks good. Nice job.

6. Bruce

Bruce Giant Squid

What a nice looking tank. How many gallons is that? Are you planning on any corals at any time? The lighting would be crazy.

7. Siddique

Siddique Dragon Wrasse

I'm using a wet dry filtration system, the sump is 36" long by 24" wide and 12" high with 3 coral life needle wheel super skimmers along with chemipure filter media; one layer of filter pads, bio balls, carbon pads and cell pore bio slabs. I also have two coralife turbo-twist 18 watt UV sterilizers and a coralife ozone reactor. Roughly, the tank is roughly 600 gallons.:eek: :)

8. Click Here!

9. Siddique

Siddique Dragon Wrasse

Hey bruce, I'm new to the reef tank so I'm in the process of setting up a 55 gallon reef as my starter tank and then maybe with the experience and hopefully the success, I'd convert the 10 foot tank into a reef. I would like to put live coral into the 10 foot now but the lighting system will be way too costly. As of now, I'm using 21 regular output florecent bulbs at 20 watts each (I think)

10. Bruce

Bruce Giant Squid

Yup, the lighting would be a killer. Besides 10 feet can get you some cool fish we reefers only dream of. Good luck!

11. Diver_1298

Diver_1298 Eyelash Blennie

120*30*24/231 = 374 gallons plus the sump volume 44 gals = about 418 gallons

The tank looks nice! I am envious. Do you have a company that comes in and does the maintenance for you?

Jim

12. serotonin

serotonin Purple Spiny Lobster

Very classy looking, nice work!