My New LEDS - 240 watts

Discussion in 'LED Aquarium Lighting' started by supersmirky, Jul 13, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. ReefAmateur

ReefAmateur Plankton

How to get rid of algae? I am an amateur waiting for professional guidance.

2. Click Here!

3. singlee118

singlee118 Plankton

Bid you DIY you led equipments?

4. ReefAmateur

ReefAmateur Plankton

How is the algae now? Much better?

5. supersmirky

supersmirky Astrea Snail

Right now it seems much better. I'm sorry I haven't been on in a while for an update but while I was doing my water change, I found that I had a dead scallop (nasty by the way)....and I think that was causing a lot of issues in my aquarium

Now...the algae is still there but not as ramped up as it had seemed. I still get a net of algae off the top of the water daily though :(

I think I need to cut back my lighting period some.

Anyways, the taro tree coral has shot reproductive trees all over the aquarium. The Torch coral has produced lots of new heads (3 new ones it looks like). Everything seems to be doing really well. Some of my corals also don't seem like they have grown at all but guess it's kinda hard to tell when you look at it everyday. I'm still going to dig through my old pics and try to do a before and after type photo post. Just wish I could get this algae under control

6. supersmirky

supersmirky Astrea Snail

It's been a long time since I did an update but wanted to post some new pics. I had to mount the LEDs a little higher and it has seemed to help with the algae issues....* plus i found my scallop was not alive *

I've noticed a lot of growth and new heads emerging on the duncans and blue spruce, etc.

Enjoy

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]