My new led build, help needed :(

Discussion in 'I made this!' started by Reuben, Apr 9, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Reuben

Reuben Astrea Snail

Hi there,

Recieved my order from Ledgroupbuy.com (awsome prices!) and started solder it all - + - + - + the whole way.

After 8 leds where solderd i thought i would test it out. Plugged in my driver (990ma, 12-36V) and using Cree XP-E leds... And nothing... I thought i must have missed somthing pulled out my multimeter (that i honestly have no idea how to use really) and googled my way how to test continuity and when i test it each of my leds light up a tiny bit when i go from wire to wire to confirm the solder was right.

When i came that far i figured my driver was broken so i pulled out a second driver... Guess what? same problem...

How can i confirm its the driver? I did a big order on these drivers (20 of em) for this build a while back... would really suck if i got a defect batch...

Could someone guide me on how to use my multimeter to check?

2. Click Here!

3. Reuben

Reuben Astrea Snail

God damn chinese crap! I figured the problem out myself... The - wire is red and the plus wire is black....

Oh well... on the bright side the leds still work now i just need to remember that the color on the drivers are wrong :)