My new GHA CUC on the way...

Discussion in 'Inverts' started by bmshehan, Feb 2, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. inwall75

inwall75 Giant Squid

1 person likes this.
  2. Click Here!

3. bmshehan

bmshehan Fu Manchu Lion Fish

4. RHorton

RHorton Pajama Cardinal

I have a fairly big sea hare (ugly) I have had him for around 6 months. He knocks everything over. I had one mishap with him, He got his head stuck in the overlow tube(before I had a guard on it) when I went to remove him he squirted blackish die, luckily I had a plastic container and was able to scoup him up with the die before it spread all over the tank.
    Like I said before they will knock everything over to get to algae and power heads, overflows do not discourage them.
    When I pick mine up he feels like a slimy kosh ball ..lol. when He sleeps he buries himself in the substrate.
    These are pics of when I first got him.. He has grown about an inch since I took these.

Attached Files:

5. bmshehan

Thanks for the pics/info Horton! The PH ordeal kinda scares me, I will have to keep an eye on him. That might be a disaster if he got sucked to one. I will take some pics.

6. bmshehan

Well just got this thing acclimating in the last hour or so and he is friggin huge!! He will be finding a new home as soon as he does his job... I have took some pics of the algae now and will take some more as I see progress. Between the sea hare and turbos I think my GHA won't stand a chance... hopfully:-X!!!

7. suckafish

suckafish Montipora Capricornis

i luv the little blue spots. mine did an amazoning job of cleaning up my GHA. he did knock things over, but it worked better the the normal sea hare. this guy busted through the algae. however he fell victim to my koraila. i didnt find out till 8 hours later. and it didnt kill my tank, i mean there was two good chuncks of him on different areas of the koraila. i did a 50% water change that day and the next. and i had no other deaths in the tank. i have heard that they only throw off the poison if they are stressed [picked on] or slow death. but not if they just up and die. i dont know for sure, but in my case it worked out. but he didnt die in vain, he just about finished off all the algae till he got the chop. goood luck!

8. Click Here!

9. bmshehan

Thanks, I hope mine does as good a job as yours did! (well, besides the whole dying part!;))

10. bmshehan

Well just got done putting my new GHA CUC in the tank. Here are some pics:
    HUGE MEXICAN TURBOS:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Blue Neon Spot Sea Hare:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. bmshehan

Anyone know if the hare being balled up behind a rock is normal?? I can't really get to him to see if he is just sleeping or if he is a gonner... surely not?!?! I have read that they are more active at night so I am hoping he is just chilling for now... and yes, that turbo is almost as long as my fingers!!

12. missionsix

missionsix Super Moderator Staff Member

You should take pics every other day so we can see how your cuc dents the gha. A chronicle of sort.