My new favorite fish! Barnacle Blenny

Discussion in 'Tropical Fish' started by schackmel, Nov 22, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. aw1447

aw1447 Montipora Capricornis

look on ebay! I just bought an awesome little barnacle formation for like 7 bucks on ebay for a little decoration and I love it. It didn't have any manufacturing stamps on it lol and its 100% real. PM me if you want and I'll track down the seller I bought it from for ya.

2. Click Here!

3. Renee@LionfishLair

Renee@LionfishLair 3reef Sponsor

I ran across mine at the LFS. Bought them several one time and some more a next. You right though, they can be difficult to run across. I don't see them on any of the wholesalers list today.

I lost one recently, but I couldn't get this one out of the tank a stingfish was going into. He was buddies for a couple of weeks.... and then he was lunch. I didn't want it to go down that way, but unfortunately the stingfish was an unplanned priority. :-/ sucks.

4. Vinnyboombatz

Vinnyboombatz Giant Squid

I believe this particular blenny is from Costa Rica and I got him at my lfs. Also it is much easier to "capture"them if they are residing in a barnacle. I just put my thumb over his barnacle and moved him to a different tank.;D
    Also if you are looking for barnacle clusters I am pretty sure John at Reefcleaners sells them.

1 person likes this.
  5. schackmel

schackmel Giant Squid

Liveaquaria had some barnacle blennys for sale. I got the actual barnacle from my LFS

6. Renee@LionfishLair

Renee@LionfishLair 3reef Sponsor

The blennies look like your dog!

7. khowst

khowst Bangghai Cardinal

yup, just checked reefcleaners & thats definitely a place I trust. I'll have to add some when the next CuC restock comes around. Thanks for the info.

8. Click Here!

9. Vinnyboombatz

NP 8) If anyone finds some more like mine please give a heads up. Would love to have a couple more of these guys.;D

[​IMG]

10. inwall75

inwall75 Giant Squid

Have your LFS add it to their normal weekly shipments. That's one of the easiest ways.

11. Vinnyboombatz

Unfortunatly the "barnacle" Blennys that normally come in are Acanthemblemaria macrospilus from South America:cry:

12. schackmel

schackmel Giant Squid

That is why I like them!:)