My new clam

Discussion in 'Clams' started by tigermike74, Apr 9, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. tigermike74

tigermike74 Panda Puffer

Here are a few pics of my new maxima. It looks like it has a couple of large tube worms on its shell. They have 2 feelers that come out and they expell a stingy substance that looks like spider webs. Coralline is starting to take hold on the shell too. I just picked this little guy up at MAX on Sunday. He's about 1.5" long. He's under 70W 14000K HQI and 2x24W T5 (420nm and 460nm actinics). :)

Attached Files:

2. Click Here!

3. PackLeader

PackLeader Giant Squid

Phyto 3 times a day ;)

1 person likes this.
  4. baugherb

baugherb Giant Squid

Beautiful

1 person likes this.
  5. tigermike74

tigermike74 Panda Puffer

He just got the phyto actually. :) I can't seem to get my Aquacontroller to work properly on the Feed Cycle though, grrrr. I had to manually turn them off to keep them from blowing the phyto away from the clam.
    Thanks!

6. PackLeader

PackLeader Giant Squid

Get a 2 liter pop bottle, and cut it in half. Save the top half. You can place the whole thing over whatever you are target feeding, squirt the phyto right in through the top, and hold it there for very effective feeding, with no need to shut down the pumps. Works great for me.

7. likemike99

likemike99 Plankton

8. Click Here!

9. tigermike74

tigermike74 Panda Puffer

I actually have that, but I can't get the bottle to fit over it, the rock it sits on gets in the way. Not enough room really. that's why I opted to turn off the pumps. Maybe I'll get another bottle and make the open end a bit larger. The one I have is smaller when I feed my anemone. I had to make it small to keep my clowns out, they are thieves!
    What I did was cut both ends, and the top end cut it at an angle. I neeeded one end large enough to get my hand in to place silversides on the anemone. I'll figure something out anywhooooo. :)

10. reefer Bob

reefer Bob Montipora Digitata

Nice, hoping someday to get the courage to get a clam. Whats the white board for?

11. Stingray

Stingray Blue Ringed Angel

Very nice, i love clams, will get one soon, but every time i'm at the lfs, there less then 2" and i heard there difficult at this size to keep, will keep tabs on this thread, will like to know how you get on, before i get one, nice addition, good luck...

12. tigermike74

tigermike74 Panda Puffer

That's actually a piece of glazed tile for my clowns. I am hoping they will lay eggs on that someday. :)