My new book

Discussion in 'Books & Magazines' started by m_lacom99, Apr 13, 2005.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. m_lacom99

m_lacom99 Stylophora

Hey all. I was just wondering if anyone has read this book

A PocketExpert Guide to Marine Invertebrates by Ronald L. Shimek.

I bought it a couple weeks ago and since this is my first book on corals i cant really compare with any other. But i like it. Its the "quick reference" kind of book. Every species starts with small intro (2 to 6 pages) then you have 1 page per specimen giving you of coarse the names (common & Latin), the size, the range, minimum tank size, lighting, Food & feeding, Reef compatibility and the captive care.

I think it is very well written, gives you what you need to know about the coral or invert. And it seems to be accurate. In this book you will be able to find info about a whole bunch of critters like sponges, softies, Anemones, zo's, SPS, LPS, clams, worms, crabs, shrimps and all the rest. Theres a bunch more in there. its 400+ pages. For an inexpensive book (35$ CDN) i give it [smiley=2thumbsup.gif].

So if anyone has it or seen it let me know what you think. I want to know if im going out buying another book or this ones a keeper.

Thanks

Marc.

2. Click Here!

3. somethingfishy

somethingfishy Purple Spiny Lobster

I would like to get this book. I've looked over the pocket guide to marine fish and that seems to be a decent book. I wouldn't mind a book on corals that I can take with me to the LFS.

4. m_lacom99

m_lacom99 Stylophora

Its woth it specially for the price... the pocket guide to marine fish is the next book i buy for sure... one of my LFS uses it all the time for quick reference and it seems to be as accurate as the coral one.

Marc.