Resolved My mushroom coral are shedding mucous

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by DaDaAtlanta, Oct 31, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. DaDaAtlanta

DaDaAtlanta Feather Star

I have a colony of green mushrooms on the left side of my tank and for the first time today I've seen them all shedding a mucous layer when I turned on my skimmer after feeding. My skimmer is producing massive amounts of microbubbles because I thoroughly cleaned it yesterday so its still in the break in process so that may be helping the mushrooms shed but my question is if this is ok? normal? or should I be worried about anything?

2. Click Here!

3. inwall75

inwall75 Giant Squid

I wouldn't worry. If it's coming from the mouth, it's pooping. If it's coming from the overall disc, this is something they do when something is irritating them and it stops on it's own.

4. DaDaAtlanta

DaDaAtlanta Feather Star

It was coming from around the sides and the mushrooms liked reached out as if to let if go to clean its self, now that my microbubbles have subsided they are no longer shedding, there is just pieces of mucous on the surface that I'll net out but I was concerned cause I had read that they were toxic to other coral but everything looks ok. Thanks