My Max 250

Discussion in 'Show Off Your Fish Tanks!' started by dufresne, May 2, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. 71sbeetle

71sbeetle Fire Shrimp

hmmm, I tried feeding it but it won't eat, well, it basically no longer has a mouth, just a hole there. I'll have to look for that store, I had only heard of exotic aquatic in that area, never been there either.

2. Click Here!

3. dufresne

dufresne Feather Duster

Yep.. pretty simple setup with some cheato and mangroves in the fuge.. will post pics soon

1 person likes this.
  4. dufresne

dufresne Feather Duster

exotic aquatic is a hit or miss IMO.. at least it used to be when i lived down there
    make sure nothing is disturbing it, do you have it on the sand or on a rock?

5. mnm

mnm Astrea Snail

Try Coral Seas on 441 just North of Commercial Blvd. Will not rip you off like Barrier Reef.

1 person likes this.
  6. 71sbeetle

71sbeetle Fire Shrimp

OK. I'll check it out someday, so far I have been to 3 different LFS and barrier reef is the only one I liked. I have checked out Mark's Ark in Lake Worth, the way the fishes and inverts were was kinda scary sometimes, and the way they catch the stuff and pack it to give it to you .... nuff said lol. I have also been to Coral Sea Aquariums on Military, they seemed very expensive though, for the most part.

The fungia was on the sand, but I had to clean it up every couple hours as the goldhead goby would drop sand over it, now it is placed high up on the rocks in a stable spot.

7. Elebriend

Elebriend Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

:grinthumbs:, I am so green with envy, oh yes...I coveted.

1 person likes this.
  8. Click Here!

9. dufresne

dufresne Feather Duster

Oh, and I know most people can't stand Big Al's but for fish I think they are a great choice.. you MUST quarantine with them though ;)

10. 71sbeetle

71sbeetle Fire Shrimp

lol, well, like I posted above, so far the prices have been higher there than at barrier reef (I checked chemicals, thermometers, shrimps, fishes and corals) :confused:

11. ReefSparky

ReefSparky Super Moderator

Great pics and great tank, dufresne!

1 person likes this.
  12. dufresne

dufresne Feather Duster

If it was happy on the sand I wouldn't move it.. they clean themselves from all kinds of debris including sand.. don't give up on feeding it (very little every day, you'll have to turn the pumps off and monitor your shrimp (especially cleaners). Fungia need to be spot fed and it might recover faster...