My local REEFER gave me a frag

Discussion in 'ID This!' started by pks4life420, Jul 24, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. pks4life420

pks4life420 Fire Worm

With about 2 to 3 hours or searching the web i found it it is a White Sponge, Clathrina sp....thanks on everyone who helped me out....Ill get rid of the Aiptasia right right way too...

2. Click Here!

3. lunatik_69

lunatik_69 Giant Squid

Aiptasia will release its "eggs" as a form of defense if it feels its life is in danger. So by using your twezzers, you will be encourging their defense mechanism. Everything that Horkn mentioned does work on Aiptasia, I however have found that Aiptasia-X or Peppermint Shrimps work the best. BTW, kill them now b/c they reproduce very quickly.

Luna

4. Cutch

Cutch Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

The advice I have gotten from the forums regarding Aiptasia was invaluable. At first I thought "cool" something is growing. Then it got large quick and I used aiptasia X and bought a couple peppermint shrimp and it is now gone. Still to new to figure out the coral but I did recognize the aiptasia right away:)

5. pks4life420

pks4life420 Fire Worm

as of 8o'clock last night I took the frags out and took a hot neddle and Burn each one of this guys and so far so good, but whats that saying dont count your eggs b4 they hatch....unless your eating them;D

6. pks4life420

pks4life420 Fire Worm

ok so far so good I have got all the annoying Aiptasia out....I think one released eggs but after using that method where I took a lighter and heated the needle up and burnt each one not trying to hurt my zoes;D....Heres a pic of them first thing in the morning B4 they all started to open...There were only 3 on the frag but nows there is like 13 tottal already....Thank god I took that Aiptasia out of there.... thanks guys:cheesy:

Attached Files:

• KJDV.jpg
      KJDV.jpg
      File size:
      156.4 KB
      Views:
  7. tatted4ever

tatted4ever Clown Trigger

8. Click Here!

9. Tadpole1mill

Tadpole1mill Purple Spiny Lobster

10. johnmaloney

johnmaloney 3reef Sponsor

i have a sponge that looks exactly like your "white stringy thing". grows fast, I feed it to an angel fish I have when he is eating my zoas, or gorgs, or feather dusters, or everything else in that tank. :) I named him "Lucky" because he still gets to stay in the tank. Leaves the brown polyps alone though...only likes the expensive stuff. :)

11. getinpora

getinpora Coral Banded Shrimp

yes i agree sponge

12. pks4life420

pks4life420 Fire Worm

Just wanted to show off my new frag...

So what do you guys think? $10 on sale....just wanted to share:-[

Attached Files:

• 052.jpg
      052.jpg
      File size:
      429.8 KB