My little reef!

Discussion in 'Show Off Your Fish Tanks!' started by Siddique, Mar 18, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Siddique

Siddique Dragon Wrasse

This 120gal tank has been in my house for years not doing anything but sitting there. So i decided to turn it into a reef tank. I don't know much about coral except for some of their simple names such as carpet anomie's, tree sponges etc. Here are a few pics tell me what u think.:)

Attached Files:

1 person likes this.
  2. Click Here!

3. omard

omard Gnarly Old Codfish

Great Job!!!
    Great looking tank and Pics...
    Keep up good work & Keep us posted on progress!!! ;D

Omar

[​IMG] (Karma to you!)
    [​IMG]
    Corals

What They Are and How They Live

by J. Charles Delbeek
    "They are mysterious guests from an exotic world. Unlike anything else we keep in an aquarium, they represent the essence of the coral reefs that we try to duplicate in our living rooms. Our success at this effort depends greatly on how well we understand these unusual life forms.
    Unfortunately, for the average hobbyist, the increased availability of these animals is not matched by the information available concerning their biology and care. Too often, hobbyists know more about who manufactures their aquarium equipment than basic biological information, or proper identification of the animals they are striving to keep. And yet, without this information it is difficult to provide the optimum conditions that will allow them to grow and reproduce."

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 18, 2008
  4. wastemanagement

wastemanagement Eyelash Blennie

Nice looking tank, thanks for the pics.

5. baugherb

baugherb Giant Squid

6. Siddique

Siddique Dragon Wrasse

Corals

What They Are and How They Live

by J. Charles Delbeek
    "They are mysterious guests from an exotic world. Unlike anything else we keep in an aquarium, they represent the essence of the coral reefs that we try to duplicate in our living rooms. Our success at this effort depends greatly on how well we understand these unusual life forms.
    Unfortunately, for the average hobbyist, the increased availability of these animals is not matched by the information available concerning their biology and care. Too often, hobbyists know more about who manufactures their aquarium equipment than basic biological information, or proper identification of the animals they are striving to keep. And yet, without this information it is difficult to provide the optimum conditions that will allow them to grow and reproduce."
    [/QUOTE]

Very well put... Thanks for the info:);)

7. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

Very nice tank! You've got some pretty hard to keep critters in there (sponges, gorgonians and anemones). I'm guessing that you're providing the anemones with sufficient lighting and the gorgonians and sponges with alot of phytoplankton?

8. Click Here!

9. Froc3

Froc3 Fire Goby

Looks good! Thanks for the pics!

10. phoenixhieghts

phoenixhieghts Panda Puffer

nice tank - but im going to echo amcarrig - i had one gorgonian and decided it was too much to take care of! you have so many! and anemones! didnt think you could have that many in one tank!!

11. BaxterS80

BaxterS80 Pajama Cardinal

Thanks for the pics...Looking good...8)