My lights just came in!!!

Discussion in 'Reef Lighting' started by Marty, Feb 26, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. tinnghe

tinnghe Purple Spiny Lobster

What r they? Who make the

2. Click Here!

3. Marty

Marty Stylophora

Here...

They are made in China, generic brand.

4. tinnghe

sorry didn't see the second page look like the made by odyssea how is the heat issue so far up or down? Might get the same one seem like everyone likes it

5. tinnghe

What size is ur tank

6. Marty

Marty Stylophora

I'm up a full degree after about 6+ hours. It has me concerned. My have to put my glass top back up to help block some heat. Getting alot of bubbles on my LR and crushed coral bed too.

I don't like bubbles. I think it is due to the temp swing though. Getting so rapid algae growth on the glass too, so will need more snails this weekend.

It has some Odyssea components, but just doesn't have the brand on the casing.

1 person likes this.
  7. Marty

Marty Stylophora

72g bowfront

8. Click Here!

9. tinnghe

with that much light for ur system it will raise ur temp soon should try to blow some Ir on the surface and see does it help

10. glblguy

glblguy Spaghetti Worm

I have a similar issue, it raises my temps a degree or two during the day when the MH are on. Didn't think this would be a big concern though, as my temps stays between 80 and 82.

I plan to build a hood for mine as well, as those MH's are bright. I found that when I first got them, green algae on the glass grew like crazy, then after things adjusted though it's all but gone away.

Did want to mention, I had a ballast go bad after about 2 days. Started smoking and smelled really bad. I got mine from Aqua Traders, and they sent me a replacement once I sent the bad one back.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2008
  11. Marty

Marty Stylophora

Thanks for the info, did you have any problems with increased bubbles from the temp rise? My LR and crushed coral were covered yesterday after just a small temp fluctuation. :(

12. lunatik_69

lunatik_69 Giant Squid

Your temp is definately going to go up. One way, if not the best way to keep the temp stable is to place a small fan blowing across the water's surface between the top of the tank and the lights. Only draw back to that is your going to be replacing more fresh water frequently b/c of evaporation.

Hey glblguy, 80-82 deg. is a little high, is there any reason why you have it like that?

1 person likes this.