My green chromis is not looking right

Discussion in 'Diseases' started by TBELT, Aug 5, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. TBELT

TBELT Ritteri Anemone

When it was time to get fish I started with 2 green Chromis. 4 days later one died. Did not think much of it as I thought he got stuck in a filter or something and that is what hurt his side. The other one was fine. I replaced the dead one with the same thing, Green Chromis. Now this fish has the same problem. Is he getting beat up? I hope the pics help. The original green chromis that lived is doing fine as is the pajama cardinal. These are the only fish. The strange thing is that it looks exactly like what happened to the first. Same spot same side everything.
    Thanks in advance for your help and inout.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Click Here!

3. inwall75

inwall75 Giant Squid

4. Biggs2003

Biggs2003 Flamingo Tongue

5. TritonsGarden

TritonsGarden 3reef Sponsor

It is a common occurance. Not sure what causes it myself but would guess interspecies aggression.

Jack

6. Biggs2003

Biggs2003 Flamingo Tongue

I had this fish alone all by itself. Not sure about the LFS though... Although I do remember it did not have but a handful of tank mates.

7. tkeck

tkeck Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

INWALL75 >> My clownfish sometimes has stringy poo like about an inch just hanging there. It stays connected to him for several hours. What kind of parasite are you thinking??

8. Click Here!

9. inwall75

inwall75 Giant Squid

There's a number of flukes, worms, etc. that are usually responsible for this. There can also be a number of bacterial infections that can cause this.

Praziquantel works well and so does putting Metron in their food. Seachem. Metronidazole

10. invert phil

invert phil Millepora

North Yorkshire, England, Europe, Earth, Milkyway,
    Looks like it has bashed itself or has been bashed; damaging its scales, if it starts off as a white patch and then turns red then it has probably got a slightly infected. You could try adding some melafix it will help with the wound and fight any infections and is reef safe.

11. invert phil

invert phil Millepora

Any flukes on the fish will cause the fish to scrape itself on decor and damage itself to try to remove the irritation.

12. invert phil

invert phil Millepora

Melafix will help clear up any wounds, if you have noticed any specks on the fish or the fish flicking against things then parasites are probably the root cause of the flicking.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2009