my gold fish pond (lots of pics)

Discussion in 'Goldfish' started by stepho, Dec 6, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. stepho

stepho Panda Puffer

Hi everyone. Just thought I would share some pictures of my gold fish.

I built the pond about 9 years ago for my red eared slider. After being in the tank for about 8 months he disappeared. idk if he got under the fence or got carried off by something. But anyway I put about 24 feeder goldfish in the tank and 8 years later we still have two left. They have had babies once, but they either ate them all or birds ate them. We do get some crane type things around here that try to eat them. Also I would like to ad that I don't do water changes or feed them or anything.

Well anyway without further ado my 8 year old goldfish...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Click Here!

3. PharmrJohn

PharmrJohn The Dude

Nice......My grandparents used to have one of these at their house. I was always drawn to it as a child. My aunt and uncle own the house now. The fish pond is still there. And it is still the first place I go when I show up to visit.

4. abraKADAV3R!

abraKADAV3R! Feather Duster

Toss a pelco in that thang;D

5. GuitarMan89

GuitarMan89 Giant Squid

We have a small pond like yours that we built. We used to keep goldfish. At one point we had about 20, they reproduced. Then one day they were all gone. We saw a crane around our yard and made the connection. Now there are just random frogs in there that I don't know how they got there because we never put them in and it freezes in the winter.

6. stepho

stepho Panda Puffer

Thats strange. We got some cuban tree frogs around our pond. I typically bonk them on the head whenever I see them. Most annoying little devils I have ever seen. They will make screeching noises all night and eat native tree frogs. :mean: