Urgent My fish tank is fogged

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by jmc2009209, Dec 9, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. jmc2009209

jmc2009209 Flamingo Tongue

My fish tank got fogged. Not fogged up but a little fog but a little. I dont know how this happen my water is good everything is good it happen like this three hours ago becuase i was cleaning my tank but i was only cleaning the front of my tank to get the calcium and algae off. And then after cleaning and scraping off it only took 10 mins. The i looks and fogged. Help if anyones knows. I know i dont need water change because i did that a week ago.

2. Click Here!

3. ManNurseReefer

ManNurseReefer Fire Shrimp

Did you dose calcium and your buffer too close together? If you adjust your dkh and then add calcium too soon or vice versa you will get a cloudy looking precipitate. If this is what you did it won't hurt anything and should go away in a few hours. Or if you had to scrape alot of stuff off of your glass it could take a while for it to be filtered out of yhe water.

4. Crimson Ghost

Crimson Ghost Blue Ringed Angel

Calcium precipitation appears more like particles – thus its referred to as “snow”. This sounds more like a bacterial bloom to me. Can you post your full parameters please?

You say you cleaned your glass – how much algae was on it? could you have released the algae spores into the column and temporarily clouded the system? I would think this would have cleaned up in a couple of hours? I would do a water change and run a good activated carbon to begin with

How often do you feed?

5. Pickupman66

Pickupman66 Tassled File Fish

My thoughts too. most cloudy episodes in a tank that I have seen are from bacterial blooms or algae blooms.

6. jmc2009209

jmc2009209 Flamingo Tongue

i didnt put any calcium in, Algae was only a little and you can still see glass clearly but i wanted to wip off becuase i dont like it dirty. But some how it just got fogg