My Dorm room 12 gal Modded nanocube

Discussion in 'Show Off Your Fish Tanks!' started by BB23, Sep 9, 2007.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. BB23

BB23 Astrea Snail

This is a pic of my dorm tank. A 12gal nanocube: 10 lbs of live sand, approx. 15 lbs LR, 1 clam, pulsating xenia, leather, star polyps, montipora, acropora, pocillapora, two clownfish, 3 turbo snails, 1 peppermint shrimp, and 1 porcelain crab. This is completely modded, new pump, K-2 viper clamp lamp 150w MH., and Fission nano-skimmer.

Attached Files:

1 person likes this.
  2. Click Here!

3. lunatik_69

lunatik_69 Giant Squid

nice nano, keep up the great work!!!

4. baugherb

baugherb Giant Squid

Does the viper disperse the light well. I have a 12 dx with a sump. was thinking about doing one myself. thanks

5. BB23

BB23 Astrea Snail

It definitely disperses the light well. And i would personally reccomend it. You really can't beat the price. The only downside about it is that it gets really hot. But since i have an open type setup the heat really isn't a problem...besides when you touch it then you'll be swearing like a sailor hahaha. Overall no problems with it.

6. baugherb

baugherb Giant Squid

thanks

I appreciate your info. I bought a nanotuners heat shield to decrease temp:mad: But all it did was take away lighting. So i put the stock shield back on today and it s time for new bulbs so i was looking into suggestions. My sump helps with the heat issues. My tank now i at 79.4. I can't figure out how to upload my pictures. It uploads halfway then freezes. Any ideas with that. thankssss

7. BB23

BB23 Astrea Snail

It might be because the pic is too large or possibly not the right type of file. If the file is over like 72 kb (or something like that) then it won't upload. I would reccomend irfanview to downsize it. It's a free program from download.com and comes in handy.

8. Click Here!

9. inwall75

inwall75 Giant Squid

Awesome tank!!!

Since you are mixing green star polyps with SPS corals, make sure you keep your granular activated carbon changed regularly. Once per week, take it out and slap the bag hard on your driveway or something hard to break open new surface area on the carbon. Then rinse well with tap water and drop it back in after the carbon stops releasing fines. Replace your carbon regularly. The toxins (chemical warfare) that GSP releases will either slow the growth of the SPS or even possibly kill the SPS in a tank with only 12 gallons.

Bauherb,

You can also use a free photo hosting site like Image hosting, free photo sharing & video sharing at Photobucket

10. baugherb

baugherb Giant Squid

photo

thanks for the info. i'll try it. i figured to use my sony cam to reduce the picture size so they fit. thanks for the help.. greatly appreciated.....