My clowns, My anenome, please help

Discussion in 'Inverts' started by ndfootball5489, Aug 11, 2003.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. ndfootball5489

ndfootball5489 Plankton

I have 2 oscellaris clowns, (probably tank raised) and i work at an aquarium store in memphis, TN called Kermit's Reef one of the biggest salt water dealerships in memphis. I have a bubble tip annenome that i got from them and my clowns will not take to the anenome, it is quite a large anenome, we had it in our showtank for 3 years. I was just wandering why my clowns haven't taken and it has been about 5 days since the anenome has been in the tank. If the haven't taken to it since i have put it in there will they go to it at all?

2. Click Here!

3. Gresham

Gresham Great Blue Whale

I've seen them refuse for many months, then take. I've also seen them never take, so its still a gamble. Be patient, it could happen. Between wild vs captive breed, I've seen about the same % take to anemones.

4. Jason McKenzie

Jason McKenzie Super Moderator

Possition of the anemone is very important. The Anemone may like a spot the Clowns do not. I know my BTA was very low in the tank and my clowns would have nothing to do with it. But one morning the BTA moved to a higher position in the tank and within hours the clowns were ziping in and out. They have been hosting ever since.

Jason

5. Guest

Guest Guest

well the thing is my anenome is up high and it is right behind where the clowns swim so it couldn't be the positioning, at my shop they caught a clown fish and put it right on the anenome, and in the next 5 minutes the clown was playing in it, i am having a little trouble cactching my clowns so i don't know what else to do

6. Jason McKenzie

Jason McKenzie Super Moderator

Give it time. I would not force the relationship. There is a reason the clown isn't hosting. It could be something you and I can't see but the Clown can

7. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Some clowns go better with certain anemones. It's best to know which clowns are more suitable when you are getting them. I believe there is a link on the links page that matches them up. Check it out.