my clown

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by karlas, Jan 19, 2004.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. karlas

karlas Fire Goby

my male clown was hangen out in the corner and trying to hide for 2 days the female started to really torment him because he wouldnt follow her. i finally caught him and put him in the qtank he broke out with a major case of popeye. i got him under treatment and the swelling has gone down but his eye still looks messed up. im wondering if he is blind on that side now. does anybody know if i put him back in the main tank if she will torment him like she did? im gonna keep him in the other tank to see if he improves. im wondering if he does end up blind in one eye if it would get back to normal or if it would be safter just to keep him isolated from her? never dealt with popeye before in fresh or saltwater.

2. Click Here!

3. Jason McKenzie

Jason McKenzie Super Moderator

I can't say I've dealt with popeye before either. But I feel for you. What kind of Clowns are they? I've heard of tomato clowns getting aggressive with their mate but that is the only kinda. and the results have never been good. You may want to keep him isolated.

J

4. Craig Manoukian

Craig Manoukian Giant Squid

Karla,

I've never dealt with that specific behavior in clowns.  I have seen fish attack a weakened member of the community and render it as food, so I am assuming that this might be the case here.  Once healed and healthy I wouldn't think the male would be in any jeopardy.  It's just my gut so if you feel it's safer isolated, your a lot closer the the situation, eh?

5. karlas

karlas Fire Goby

they are a pair of false percs and they paird up great but after he wasnt feeling well she would literally tear across the tank after him i would hear splashing from her chasing him. i saw her grabbing his fins and tail. since i got him qtined he is swimming a little more then he was but that eye looks pretty bad yet. at one point he even dug a hole in the sand to try and get away from being harassed

6. Craig Manoukian

Craig Manoukian Giant Squid

Yup then damsels is vicious.  Same principal as watching a flock of chickens pick to death a sick one.  Ain't nature peaceful? :eek::

7. karlas

karlas Fire Goby

well his eyes looking better and hes going after food pretty good. i did my water change supposed to after medicating. im gonna give him a few days and see the swelling went down in the eye but doesnt look quite right yet, i just hope he didnt go blind from it

8. Click Here!

9. karlas

karlas Fire Goby

i never updated you guys. well he got lookin good again. it seemed like the female was sittin in the tree coral moping and she was real real dark in color. i put the male in and they paired right up again she got him in the tree coral and her fins went from dark brick red to super bright orange within a half hour or so. shes not moping anymore and there living happlily again in there tree coral.

10. chrischick

chrischick Astrea Snail

A happy ending to a sad story...good to hear... ;D

11. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Great to hear Karla. [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]

12. NUGIO

NUGIO Corkscrew Tentacle Anemone