my Blue Tang and Yellow Eye Tang

Discussion in 'Fish Diseases' started by destinationluna, Jan 24, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. destinationluna

destinationluna Skunk Shrimp

both have ick I know this gonna put them in the hospital tank this afternoon but the yellow eye has bigger white spots on him dont know what they are or how to treat them ? Can you guys tell me what the best thing for treating ick is and what should I use to treat these huge white spots ? I came in last night out of the blue! This is the wife's tang so dont want to lose him he is very pretty when he is all unsick :)

Here is the picture of the tang

[​IMG]

2. Click Here!

3. RedGambit

RedGambit Giant Squid

What the Kole tang has looks sorta like a bacterial disease...

Treating it with maracyn would be the way to go in a QT Tank IMO Im a bit rusty but there are multiple maracyns, so Id get the one suitable for the situation as good as you can ID it.

4. destinationluna

yea he died. as of right now im wondering what would have caused this more than anything and should i watch my blue tang for the same effects. gonna run to the LFS and get some maracin for sure and have it on hand in case someone else comes down with anything. that way I have it here and can treat them quick. Guess all in the saltwater fish world just part of aquarium fish keeping. Just really gets me confused cuz all my perams are at 0 so baffled by what could have caused this. Did a pretty big water change yesterday and think maybe stress from that? Ah well sometimes you cant have the answers all the time

5. RedGambit

RedGambit Giant Squid

Yeah it just looks like he is loosing his skin in spots I could be wrong but Im pretty sure a bacterial issue, Fungal issues do happen in SW fish but not as common and usually a bacterial.

The best luck ive had with the Bristletooths is adding them in pretty small. My chevron was the size of a quarter if that when I got him. I was a nervous wreck though There where many a days I couldnt find him in the big tank LOL

6. destinationluna

Yea guess this is a live and learn situation the funny thing is i just setup my Q tank last night got it full of ro water and added the salt and when I woke up boom sick fish.. Was kinda funny :confused: I know tangs can kinda be a little sickly like the kid with alergies in school so figured id better get them a Q tank. Was looking at my hippo and my yellow and they look ok so who knows but there eating like horses so think there ok.

Here is a nub question do I have to let this Q tank cycle or can i seed the filter cartrige in my tank this is a first time setting one up. Also bought some dead rock was gonna throw that in my fuge and see that too and then put it in there.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2011
  7. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

Moved to the Fish Disease forum. Please only use the ASAP forum for true emergencies. Thanks.

8. Click Here!

9. destinationluna

thought it was a true emergency he did die 20 minutes later? Kinda confused on that one?? Please shed some light on that for me fish having lost his color and about to die after a few hours is an emergency or am I wrong ?

1 person likes this.
  10. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

Because there are so many threads in the forums regarding ich, you would have been able to find a solution to your problem/treatment plan by performing a search. If you hadn't been able to identify the problem as ich and were asking what was wrong with your fish, I would not have moved it out of ASAP. I hope you understand.

11. destinationluna

gotcha and looks like it ick was just part of the problem...

12. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

Sorry about your losses. It's hard not to get frustrated when things like this happen :(