My blood blood parrots face has chunks missing with fungus?

Discussion in 'Say Hello!' started by Tiana, Feb 8, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Tiana

Tiana Plankton

It started a couple months ago and got worse i put in some anti fungal fish remedy. At first it helped but now its getting worse. If you have any idea on how I can save my dear fish happy, I would much appreciate it.

Attached Files:

2. Click Here!

3. sharkyshark

sharkyshark Spaghetti Worm

is there any way you can get a better picture? the fish may have gotten cut (not fungus) and the anti-fungal remedy could be preventing the cut from healing.

4. simplediver247

simplediver247 Plankton

Parrot Fish wound / fungus

I have the same exact problem, started with a large growth under the skin then it burst open and had the white material come out. I removed my tank filter and used melafix for 7 days and did 25% water change. Waited a couple of days and replaced the filter, it did seem to help the skin heal and most of the white material coming out stopped. Then it started again with the white stuff coming out again and it's hairy like a fungus at the ends. I started the melafix again and have a few more days to go with treatment. Fish is eatting well and defends his area in the tank. This stuff looks like a fungus at the ends, but I don't know?? Local fish shops had no idea what it is but to use melafix. Help, help, help, call a code & get the AED.. Any suggestions???? Thanks

5. Robman

Robman Great White Shark

looks like hole in the head disease.

6. Robman

Robman Great White Shark

7. Robman

Robman Great White Shark

Wow---Old Post----I missed that!!!!

8. Click Here!

9. simplediver247

simplediver247 Plankton

Parrot fish treatment

Robman thank you for the information on the parrot fish treatment, i will try it and hope it works. Thanks Again

10. Robman

Robman Great White Shark

anytime--I wish the best of luck.