My beautiful Aragonite turned in this

Discussion in 'New To The Hobby' started by artrichter001, Nov 6, 2007.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. BluePhish

BluePhish Teardrop Maxima Clam

you could probaly feed them some algae. they come in thin sheets.clip some on to a small piece of rock . i used to use a little LR rubble and zip tie a small piece of algae on it.

2. Click Here!

3. dark126

dark126 Astrea Snail

waaaaaaaaaaw

one reson more you leave the light always on, you shoud not exceed 7 hrs per day as long as you dont have any coral yet & alway keep youre water circulation with precent of O2

4. daeraelle

daeraelle Plankton

I bought three tiny blue legged hermits for my 14g biocube, and they cleaned the sand in one day. They're working on my liverock, and are even scraping the glass where they can reach it. I'm going to be feeding them algae sheets pretty soon. I wish my freshwater clean up crew worked that hard, lol.

5. Mulch

Mulch Astrea Snail

Which lights should I be running (or turn off) to slow alge production? 10k or bule actinic? I have a new tank and I'm just seeing the brown creep across the sand. Figure I'll start some frequent water changes with distiled water and start running less light.

6. david7700

david7700 Flamingo Tongue

My advice is.... don't do anything! Let nature run it's course, consider the brown algae as a rite of passage into the SW aquarium world. Your LFS will sell you anything to get rid of it if you want to really get rid of it.. but bacteria growing is what cycling is all about! Good luck :cheesy: