My adult clown trigger is dieing!!

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by whiptofiz, Sep 9, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. whiptofiz

whiptofiz Fire Worm

My clown trigger just went through a tramatic experiance as mentioned in my previous post "help" under the asap forum. He was just swimming in one corner now he has wedged himself in his little cave area and wont move unless i make him. I dont know what to do to help him :(. He will not eat does not want to swim. Right now he is in my 15 gallon qt. should i move him to my dt which is a 55?? He is not sick but he got moved due to a medication misshap that was my fault. I did a water change in my dt and replaced the carbon to soak up what was left of the metafix.

I just want him to make it. He looks great but after he almost died he has not been the same. Any advice will be greatly appriciated.

2. Click Here!

3. Triggerfish

Triggerfish Ritteri Anemone

Triggers shouldn't get stuck in normal rocks, but they do wedge themselves in a rock if they are scared. What happened to the trigger?

4. whiptofiz

whiptofiz Fire Worm

Tank levels are all great so thats not an issue. Sorry forgot to mention that.

5. whiptofiz

whiptofiz Fire Worm

He was "poisiond" by metafix was removed from the tank. He wedged himself into the spot he is in. Its where he has been sleeping the past few nights, but he stayed there till 4 pm today.

6. Triggerfish

Just read your other thread. Regular garlic works fine. I have had triggers and know that they are pigs when it comes to food, so if it isn't eating it must be really bummed out. I didn't know melafix was dangerous for fish, are you sure that was the problem?

7. Triggerfish

I would say not to move him, I think he is still just freaked out. Does it swim out of the spot, or is it still in the same spot? Have you tried feeding it very early in the morning?

1 person likes this.
  8. Click Here!

9. whiptofiz

whiptofiz Fire Worm

No i have not tried i the morning but i will give that a go! I will soak some krill and pellets in some liquid garlic asap and try tonight and tomorrow morn. I went to my lps and got them to test every aspect of my water, i had done it but needed a second opinion. They said that melafix is very dangerous if ever overdosed. I did not overdose but exposed the fish to a tank with many days of treatment in it which they said they have seen kill fish in the past. It was the conclution i came to through prosses of elimiation.

Thank you all so much for your advice

10. barbianj

barbianj Hammer Head Shark

You didn't answer this post from the other thread. It would help to know this.

If you say that you did not overdose the Melafix, then there is another problem.

Triggers don't need help getting out of rocks. Getting him out yourself will only freak him out more. A healthy trigger is always hungry.

Can you post pictures?

11. whiptofiz

whiptofiz Fire Worm

Sorry my apoligies i missed it. The one that he was in is a 33 gallon tank, The angel was only 2 inches long, yellow tang who was reciving the treatments because of a slight clouding of the left eye. He has now come out on his own but not moving around much.

He was to the point that he was laying on the ground when got him out and moved him to my qt tank, it was first thing in the morning. The fish all ate great the night before and acted very normal for the 6 hours we were up after they went into the tank. Ill try to get pics.

12. barbianj

barbianj Hammer Head Shark

If it's not ammonia, like you said, it's starting to sound like low oxygen. You also put new fish into a tank with a sick fish that was being treated for an unknown ailment, if I read it right. I could agree with coaxing a finicky fish to eat with garlic, but triggers are not finicky. You already have a sick tang, a dead angel, and a trigger that is hiding and not eating. Not giving you a hard time, it's probably something basic, like not enough water movement at the surface, an uncycled QT, something like that.