My 90 Gallon FO build

Discussion in 'Show Off Your Fish Tanks!' started by jmik26, Oct 29, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. jmik26

jmik26 Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

I was kind of shocked also but its actually a pretty good idea. From what the LFS guy told me this guy is very aggressive and they can't keep him with other fish. So what he does is "rent" him out to start peoples tanks, when the tank is cycled I bring him back for a partial credit. I guess its better then the old school thought of getting some damsels to cycle the tank and then getting rid of them, I never was a big fan of that... Jeff

2. Click Here!

3. jmik26

The trigger got stuck under a rock today :eek:. Lucky I think I got there in time and was able to move the rock and he swam out. He seems to be doing fine for right now.

Latest additions to the tank would be the Vertex IN-100 protein skimmer which has been running for the last four days. The pump seems to vibrate a little more then I like but I am keeping a close eye on it.
    I also purchased a Reef Keeper Lite Level 3 today with a couple float switches which I plan to install next week ;D. I will be posting some reviews once the tank is cycled and I get some more fish.

Other then that I have a couple algae concerns... Jeff

4. jmik26

R.I.P E-ore :cry::cry::cry:

The Undulated trigger didn't make it. Over the last couple of days its stomach began to become very bloated and he stopped eating. Today I came home from work and he was DOA... What a freakin day!

I now have $150 worth of live rock in the tank to finish the cycle...

5. jmik26

Waiting for the tank to cycle is taking forever!!! I did manage to see some things growing out of the Live Rock.

Attached Files:

• WC.JPG
      WC.JPG
      File size:
      76.6 KB
      Views:
    • T1.jpg
      T1.jpg
      File size:
      414.5 KB
      Views:
    • T2.JPG
      T2.JPG
      File size:
      137.9 KB
      Views:
  6. yamaharider73

yamaharider73 Kole Tang

Not trying to be picky but I Just noticed that the corner of the stand is missing???????? is their some type of support there for the tank? If not there could be a major tank failure in your future. if it is supported I just missed something.

7. jmik26

I left the corner out because of the corner overflow pluming. I later saw some threads that had the a total frame and it didn't interfere. Its on the plans to redo I'm just procrastinating draining the whole tank and moving. I attached a pic of the frame work from the back. Do you still think it still will be a problem? Don't worry about be picky, Ill take picky over 90 gallons of water on the floor any day... Jeff

**edit, I forgot to add there is 2x4's under the frame to support so the main weight is not being applied to the screws...**

Attached Files:

8. Click Here!

9. yamaharider73

yamaharider73 Kole Tang

If it was mine I would make sure it was supported. I would hate to see the corner of your tank bust and you dump 100's of $ on the floor not counting clean up costs. I know it will be a pain to break down and redo. You MAY get away with it like it is but I wouldnt chance it. It could be one of those like things pay me now or pay me later.

10. jmik26

That just may be the extra kick in the butt that I need ;). This is the new stand design..

Attached Files:

11. tatted4ever

tatted4ever Clown Trigger

much better....

12. yamaharider73

yamaharider73 Kole Tang

I wouldnt rebuid the whole thing. I would pull the back and side 2x4's off, cut new ones that would extend to the corner, and add support to it. Save time and $. fast and simple.