my 75g reef tank

Discussion in 'Fish Tank Brands and Kits' started by tazzy695, Apr 4, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. tazzy695

tazzy695 Feather Duster

hi all I just figured I would post some pics of my 75g reef tank this is a mixed reef and for fish I have

YOU CAN CLICK ON THE PICTURES TO SEE THE FULL SIZE VERSION

1 sail fin tang
    1 flame fin tang
    3 true perc clowns
    1 bangii cardnial
    1 Orbicular Cardinal
    1 purple fire fish

for corals I have mostly lps and other softies

there are 2 brains

many different zoa and pally corals

couple of shrooms

some anthielia

a blasto merletie that I am trying to save was given to me sevearly retreated

well enough talk here are the pics

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 15, 2008
    1 person likes this.
  2. Click Here!

3. tazzy695

tazzy695 Feather Duster

4. missionsix

missionsix Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks for sharing the pics of your tank. You might want to get on the hairy stuff before it gets worse. What kind of NO3 and PO4 levels do you have?

5. Froc3

Froc3 Fire Goby

Looks great! I like the way you've set up your rock! Do those three clowns travel in a trio? Cool tank man. Your tangs need a butt kickin for not keepin the algae off those rocks :p

Evan.

6. tazzy695

tazzy695 Feather Duster

yea the hair algae I am battling right now had a dragon wrasse and couldn't realy have a cleanup crew in the tank due to it eating them so it was geting out of controle nitrate leveles are rock bottom and phos I dont know dont have a test kit for that but just got rid of the dragon yesterday and added 12 blue leg hermits and 2 merythrax crabs and the sail fin tang all of wich have been eating the algae like mad not to mention I just harvested a ton of it out after those pics were taken

the flame fin tang was doing what he could but beeing the only tang in there and the only fish that ate the algae at the time of the pics it was just to much for him to eat

but now he has lots of help

as for the clowns yes and no that they swim around in a pack but they definetly host in my bta nem together all piled ontop of each other cause it closes down to about 2" diameter sucked into the rock at night so one burries itself and the other 2 pile on top LOL I will have to get a pic one of these days

and thanx for the good comments

7. baugherb

baugherb Giant Squid

Thanks for sharing....

8. Click Here!

9. tazzy695

tazzy695 Feather Duster

not a problem I like to let people see my tank I will be posting more updated pics soon as the green pest is under controle LOL

also tonight I went through and made about 90 diy frag plugs I think they turned out nicly I will post this with pics int he diy section

10. baugherb

baugherb Giant Squid

Sweet!!!!!!I used a sea hare to help with my hair algae problem.. Had to give him back to my buddy, cuz he had my 5.5 cleared in about 2 days!!!!! LOL>>>>>

11. tazzy695

tazzy695 Feather Duster

havent tried one of those yet but like I said above had a dragon wrasse that would eat most any invert I would try and introduce but found him a new home in a fowlr tank where he will be happy

12. lunatik_69

lunatik_69 Giant Squid

ooohhhhhh I love pics, any more?;D Wow, thats alot of hair algae, hope you got it under control.