my 55 gallon sump

Discussion in 'I made this!' started by BMOUCHKA, Jun 29, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. BMOUCHKA

BMOUCHKA Astrea Snail

Well I thought I would share my new sump build. Its out of my old 55 gal.
    I built a drip pan with 2 levels for pads and other media such as carbon bags or bioballs. Its 1/4" above the water line so its not submerged. Has a divder wich water passes through the bottom in to the skimmer section. I know the section under the the drip tray seems useless, but it is extra water volume, and a place for future equipment upgrades. Im running an ev 180 with a rio 3100 pump. Then a bubble trap that leads into the return section where my mag 18 is. And to the far right is a fuge roughly 12x14" and aroun 18" deep with a deep sand bed with some live rock and some macros. Im using the factory light that came with the tank. (6700 bulb) Its fed off with a t from the supply line, and over flows into the return area. I also have a valve that I can open to dump water for a water change. And Im currently getting ready to install a ato float switch to the system. Im open to suggestions to improve. And wanted to share this so maybe it could help someone else.:) sorry, havent learned how to post pics, i will as soon as I do

http://s947.photobucket.com/albums/ad315/bmouchka[​IMG]/?albumview=slideshow

2. Click Here!

3. BMOUCHKA

BMOUCHKA Astrea Snail

also, will my light be enough for a fuge?
    thanks